Tour of Georgia

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringion, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Interesting that Cyclingnews and Velonews are both providing live coverage, although Velonews seems
    like they have some bugs to work out.

    Someday, when bandwidth gets large enough and other tech gets cheap enough (cameras), I'll guess
    that someone will be providing live video feeds of all this stuff. Since video offers the promise of
    paid commercials, the cost of production will not be prohibitive.

    As an aside:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/apr03/georgia03/?id=livecomp

    15:47 EDT Kenny Labbe (US Postal-Berry Floor) has become the first rider to abandon the race.
    Interestingly enough, Kenny Labbe actually works as a letter carrier in Chicago, IL.

    <snip>

    Kenny is The Man!

    When it comes to publicity, there is no one with a higher publicity/results ratio than Kenny.
    There are many more acccomplished racers than Kenny in the pack, but their names will never see
    the light of day.

    K. Gringioni fan of Kenny

    Tags:

  2. joe

    joe Guest

    Not so long ago, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > Interesting that Cyclingnews and Velonews are both providing live coverage, although Velonews
    > seems like they have some bugs to work out.

    Heard Turner South was gonna put together an hour wrap-up each day but I haven't been able to track
    it down -- anybody know?

    I'll be watching in person on Sunday around downtown Atlanta
    --
    Joe Morris Live music in Atlanta http://jolomo.net/atlanta/shows.html