Tour of Ireland

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Klodifan, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Klodifan

Klodifan New Member

Who are your picks?

Tags:

2. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Tour of Ireland result is probably between the 10 guys who finished 11 minutes ahead of the gruppeto yesterday in Cork.
    The breakaway contains the names of younger riders : many of whom I'm not familiar with (don't know about anyone else here!).

Van Den Brock of Unibet won the first stage : but the breakawy bunch had over 10 mins lead on the peloton on GC.
    Over 800kms, that time difference will be hard to reclaim.

Good to see Unibet get a good result though.

3. Jono L

Jono L Well-Known Member

W Sulzberger is a gun, U23 Aus road champ, good all rounder. He should go well.

4. trucker39

trucker39 New Member

I went to see the temas ascend Patrick's Hill in Cork City yesterday...it was a wonderful spectacle. I counted at least 3 cars that stalled on the hill, haha! Great weather, great racing, a credit to all involved. And it was wonderful to see the Schleck brothers in full flight

As for a pick, Limerickman summed it up perfectly. Can't believe the peleton let the breakway get so far up the road.

5. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Good stuff : great to see racing "live", isn't it?

I was in Lismore yesterday - the peloton flew by - gone in the blink of an eye.

At least on Patricks Hill you get a chance to see the riders for more than just a glimpse.
    They looked to climb it pretty easily (given that they had 155kms in the legs at that stage).