Tour of Langkawi - early hours Thursday 13th March - Channel 4 TV - 01:55 - 02:55 hours

Ian Teelan

Guest
For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions Tour of Langkawi as being
on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel 4 TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus
Code 9617961).

Regards,

Ian T.

>For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions Tour of Langkawi as being
>on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel 4 TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus
>Code 9617961).

I shall attempt to get the video to record *correctly* tonight. Sigh ...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> >For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions
Tour
> >of Langkawi as being on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel
4
> >TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus Code 9617961).
>
> I shall attempt to get the video to record *correctly* tonight. Sigh ...
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
> reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

I sussed mine out, well, for same day recording anyway. I've even worked out the long play feature!

---
This is the worst moment of my entire life. I've spent my last penny on a cat-skin windcheater, I've
just broken a priceless turnip and now I'm about to be viciously slaughtered by a naked Tunisian
sock merchant. Blackadder III

Terry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions
> Tour
> > >of Langkawi as being on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on
Channel
> 4
> > >TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus Code 9617961).

Thanx for the info. Ian.

--
Mark
______________________________________

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"

On 12 Mar 2003 16:28:30 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>>For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions Tour of Langkawi as being
>>on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel 4 TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus
>>Code 9617961).
>
>I shall attempt to get the video to record *correctly* tonight. Sigh ...

I did last night. Set the video to record correctly _tonight_ that is. Bum. Not being able to add 1
to 11 at a late hour was my problem. I too shall try again.

Tim

> >I did last night. Set the video to record correctly _tonight_ that is. Bum. Not being able to add
> >1 to 11 at a late hour was my problem. I too shall try again.
>
> And *yes*!!! Taped it. Watched it this morning over breakfast :) Could do
with
> more than a half-hour slot per stage though.

That's not a breakfast -- that's a banquet.

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> I ate two slices of toast and marmalade in a very gentile way ;-)

Gentile? You mean non-kosher? What is the Jewish way of eating toast then? ;-)

--
Jim King [email protected] Infineon Technologies UK Ltd. Swindon, U.K.

"Jim King" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
> >
> > I ate two slices of toast and marmalade in a very gentile way ;-)
> >
> Gentile? You mean non-kosher? What is the Jewish way of eating toast
then?
> ;-)

Much too fast to watch a 30 minute highlights programme :)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:28:59 +0000, Jim King scrawled: ) Gentile? You mean non-kosher? What is the
Jewish way of eating toast then?

You snip the top off the crusts first.

J-P
--
The last Thursday in November is Thanksgiving Day in the States, an orgy of conspicuous gluttony
exceeded only by the following Friday which is the official start of the Christmas shopping season

"Ian Teelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions
Tour
> of Langkawi as being on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel 4 TV between 01:55 and
> 02:25 hours (TV Plus Code 9617961).

I was fortunate enough to witness the closing stage of this event first-hand on a visit to
Malaysia in 2000.

The Tour of Langkawi is really a Tour of Malaysia although it probably started in Langkawi, a
duty-free tourist island off Malaysia's North Western coast.

Needless to say it's an event which is a source of much pride for both the nation and its rather
less than diplomatic president Dr Mahatir Mohammed.

That year Dr M decided to milk the occasion by dressing up in a Yellow Jersey in order to present
the winner's prize to Chris Horner. Now some dignitaries can carry this off (cf Nelson Mandela in
1995), others just look stupid - I'll leave you to guess which one it was in this case.

When it was his turn to take the mike he decided that not only were his nation's internal problems
fitting subject material for his presidential speech but that this was a good opportunity to
exacerbate them.

He started off with "Malaysia is a nation of many races and cultures. Some say we scratch each
others' faces but really we only scratch each others' back so that's OK."

Dr M and his party are Malay the predominant culture but often historically less prosperous than the
Chinese with whom they share the peninsula. This has, needless to say, been the greatest source of
Malaysia's social unrest so jolly old Mahatir in his inimitable style carries on "I'd just like to
thank you all for the support the nation has given this race - especially yesterday during the Tour
of Selangor. I'm glad so many of you thought the race more important than the Chinese New Year"

F A

Farmer Alfalfa wrote:
> "Ian Teelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> For anyone interested (or who forgot to set video) my TV guide mentions Tour of Langkawi as being
>> on in early hours of Thursday 13th March on Channel 4 TV between 01:55 and 02:25 hours (TV Plus
>> Code 9617961).
>
> I was fortunate enough to witness the closing stage of this event first-hand on a visit to
> Malaysia in 2000.
>
> The Tour of Langkawi is really a Tour of Malaysia although it probably started in Langkawi, a
> duty-free tourist island off Malaysia's North Western coast.
>
> Needless to say it's an event which is a source of much pride for both the nation and its rather
> less than diplomatic president Dr Mahatir Mohammed.
>
> That year Dr M decided to milk the occasion by dressing up in a Yellow Jersey in order to present
> the winner's prize to Chris Horner. Now some dignitaries can carry this off (cf Nelson Mandela in
> 1995), others just look stupid - I'll leave you to guess which one it was in this case.
>
> When it was his turn to take the mike he decided that not only were his nation's internal problems
> fitting subject material for his presidential speech but that this was a good opportunity to
> exacerbate them.
>
> He started off with "Malaysia is a nation of many races and cultures. Some say we scratch each
> others' faces but really we only scratch each others' back so that's OK."
>
> Dr M and his party are Malay the predominant culture but often historically less prosperous than
> the Chinese with whom they share the peninsula. This has, needless to say, been the greatest
> source of Malaysia's social unrest so jolly old Mahatir in his inimitable style carries on "I'd
> just like to thank you all for the support the nation has given this race - especially yesterday
> during the Tour of Selangor. I'm glad so many of you thought the race more important than the
> Chinese New Year"
>
> F A

My husband and I were also extremely fortunate to be at the final stages of the 2000 race. Were you
there as guests of First Cartel?? Just wondered if we may have met. From my recollection Dr, M - who
is actually the Prime minister, not president!! And Datuk Wan Lokman of Race orgainisers First
Cartel, were both presented with Race Jerseys, by if I recall correctly, the Mercury team, and were
invited to put them on, Which with much hillarity and to the crowds delight they did.

--
Jan _o -\<, () / ()

---

On 12 Mar 2003 16:28:30 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

>I shall attempt to get the video to record *correctly* tonight. Sigh ...

New year resolutions: fix VCR, fix grill, fix oven, fix washing machine, fix the holes where the
rain gets in, lose weight.

James

PS Note: I have not said which year.

--
A credit limit is NOT a target.

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:
>> New year resolutions: fix VCR, fix grill, fix oven, fix washing machine, fix the holes where the
>> rain gets in, lose weight.
>>

>> James
>>
>> PS Note: I have not said which year.
>>

> Well, it's not me being a techoidiot - the VCR is b*ggered ;-) I can set it to tape what is
> on screen *now* but it is b*ggered for pres-setting. Got the man from the VCR shop coming out
> on Monday.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Hope you get it fixed before the next programme ( anyone know when it is?) 'Cos without giving to
much away, Graham Brown gets quite- shall we say- Petulant!! Well worth watching !!

--
Jan _o -\<, () / ()

,

---

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> My husband and I were also extremely fortunate to be at the final stages
of
> the 2000 race. Were you there as guests of First Cartel??

No. Independent traveller on the way home from Australia (blah, blah, blah.....). Broke
Singapore-Butterworth train journey at KL - was blissfully unaware of impending race but glad of the
added bonus. Especially since KL was pretty dead over the Chinese New Year whereas Penang, my next
stop, was practically booked out (I was lucky to get a room).

> Just wondered if we may have met. From my recollection Dr, M - who is actually the Prime minister,
> not president!!

Easy to forget that the head of state of pretty well all commonwealth countries is none other than
our own Queen!!!!

> And Datuk Wan Lokman of Race orgainisers First Cartel, were both presented with Race Jerseys, by
> if I recall correctly, the Mercury team, and were invited to put them on, Which with much
> hillarity and to
the
> crowds delight they did.

I can't remember the delight and hilarity. All I remember is Dr M walking past me about 5 yards away
and how easy it would have been to assassinate him. The water hoses to cool the riders down. Oh -
and THAT speech.

F A