Tour of Missouri

Crankyfeet said:
I'm envious that you have these guys racing on your doorstep.
Yea, I mean my son and the next door neighbor are getting ready to have a Huffy throwdown in the street, but you don't see me posting a thread about it....hell, there will be twice as many fans watching, and the prize list involves cake, so I bet we could get American Mexican Beef or whatever their name is to throw us a couple of their up and coming riders too if we asked...

Crankyfeet said:
You dicked me...you totally dicked me...

nns, his first post was really sarcastic, and he changed it....the amazing thing is that I clicked quick reply, and wrote my post...somehow he freaking jimmied it so it didn't show up in my reply...I seriously don't know how that happened.

thoughtforfood said:
You dicked me...you totally dicked me...

nns, his first post was really sarcastic, and he changed it....the amazing thing is that I clicked quick reply, and wrote my post...somehow he freaking jimmied it so it didn't show up in my reply...I seriously don't know how that happened.
He thinks he's pretty slick....but it had something to do with a tin pot, though, didn't it...;) (He didn't have to change it though, I would have known he was kidding.)

nns1400 said:
He thinks he's pretty slick....but it had something to do with a tin pot, though, didn't it...;) (He didn't have to change it though, I would have known he was kidding.)
I just checked the date. Damn..I am going to be on vacation. I did get to see Fitchburg this year. Oldest race in America, I think.

Crankyfeet said:
Just like last year....I still can't believe it. Like...why are they coming here?? :confused:

Can't wait.

The route for this race reminds me off the Eneco Tour... i.e boring as hell with a time trial to decide the winner. Only interesting point will be seeing just how many stage wins Cavendish can knock off.

post-race interview with Cav here (reporter from ROAD magazine) - love the question about "do you think you can win all the stages here or just a few of them?" - nothing like feeding his ego, eh? :rolleyes:

confusedfan said:
post-race interview with Cav here (reporter from ROAD magazine) - love the question about "do you think you can win all the stages here or just a few of them?" - nothing like feeding his ego, eh? :rolleyes:
btw, you're welcome cranky (if you're still reading here at all) :p

lwedge said:
Thanks for sharing NNS. How's the weather back there... Well over there from here ?

-lw
The St Louie side is...variable. Cloudy and cool, and then warm and humid, and then cloudy and cool. And that was just the last five minutes...:p Haven't looked ahead at the forecast for next weekend. It better be nice though!!! It was absolutely PERFECT last year.

None of the riders looked happy to be there today. Columbia were the last to exit their bus, less than 5 minutes until the start. The temp at the start was in the mid-50s and cloudy. Some drizzle during the day, late in the race, otherwise it was chilly, never got above 60.

And no surprises to see Cavendish and Columbia dominate. We could very well take all stages - we nearly took all stages in the Tour of Ireland. Cavendish took 3 in a row and we took another with Rabon with Pinotti taking the overall.