Tour of Switzerland?

mariocastor

May 31, 2007
Who will be the winner of Switzerland's Tour?
I think

Mario castor

You can play beautiful game about Tour of Switzerland (FREE ISCRIPTION) on web-site: www.fantacyclo.com (you just need to pronosticate one cyclist every stage!) Now this site is only in Italian, but soon it will be in English, French, Spanish & German! Very nice and amuse! Play & win!
...And after it will be the Tour de France!

I need a start list for the Dauphine and Switzerland. It's hard to keep track of who's doing which race.

www.cyclingstartlists.com has them up already. Take a look at the profile for the tour de Suisse, goes something like this.

1) 3.8km prologue.
2) Sprinters stage.
3) Massive HC climb, then a 3rd cat climb which ends just 1k before the finish (possibility of GC gaps.)
4) Big climb at finish (marked as second cat, should really be 1st. 1100m altitude gain).
5) Big first cat pass right in the middle (transition stage).
6) Huge HC climb in the middle, 1st cat mountain top finish.
7) Two huge HC climbs, followed by another huge climb up to the finish (Grimsel pass is massive).
8) 3rd cat climb to finish.
9) Undulating TT.

Which adds up to 3 big mountain top finishes (same as this years TdF), 2 minor mountain finishes, prologue and an ITT. It's like all the mountains from a grand tour compacted into a week.

Eldrack said:
www.cyclingstartlists.com has them up already. Take a look at the profile for the tour de Suisse, goes something like this.

1) 3.8km prologue.
2) Sprinters stage.
3) Massive HC climb, then a 3rd cat climb which ends just 1k before the finish (possibility of GC gaps.)
4) Big climb at finish (marked as second cat, should really be 1st. 1100m altitude gain).
7) Two huge HC climbs, followed by another huge climb up to the finish (Grimsel pass is massive).
9) Undulating TT.

Which adds up to 3 big mountain top finishes (same as this years TdF), 2 minor mountain finishes, prologue and an ITT. It's like all the mountains from a grand tour compacted into a week.
Thanks. That start list site is nice.

This will be a hard one to pick. We have:

Kloeden
Karpets
Rogers
Sastre
Schleck (Frank)
Simoni
Brajkovic
Popovych
Rujano

I proably missed one or two contenders.

I think I will go with Schleck based on the idea that riders like Klodi and Sastre won't want to bury themselves before the Tour.

Bro Deal said:
Thanks. That start list site is nice.

This will be a hard one to pick. We have:

Kloeden
Karpets
Rogers
Sastre
Schleck (Frank)
Simoni
Brajkovic
Popovych
Rujano

I proably missed one or two contenders.

I think I will go with Schleck based on the idea that riders like Klodi and Sastre won't want to bury themselves before the Tour.

I find it strange that sprinters like Robbie, Zabel, Davis, JP Nazon etc are bothering with a course like this...surely there are better ways to warm up for the Tour!

CSC bring a very strong team.

Will be interesting to see how the Giro riders pull up - Simoni would be a contender here, and even someone like Arroyo.

Brad McGee is named - must be a typo, isn't he having a back operation soon?

My tip is Schumacher... a long shot but riding in good form.

Eldrack said:

1) 3.8km prologue.
2) Sprinters stage.
9) Undulating TT.

TdS is always a very tough race - despite the fact that it isn't a grand tour, I think it's one of the toughest races on the calendar and it is a great prize in any riders palmares.

So who do I put the hex on??

I think riders like Piepoli and Simoni would be ideally suited to a TdS (Simoni has finished top 3, 3 times).
Ullrich and Koldo Gil podiumed in 2006.

For 2007, depending on who's on the start line : I'd go for Valverde or possibly 2003 winner, Vino.

Im gonna pick mick rogers for this one, hes showed some good form of late and he's gonna be riding for himself at this year's tour which will great!

I don't think that Piepoli can win, but I trust in Simoni!
I hope whatch good TdS...!

If you bet correctly every stage, you can win the Tour of Switzerland in www.fantacyclo.com (now only in Italian, but soon n English).
The iscrption on web-site and Tour of Switzerland is free, but winnings is real (50 € discount ticket for next TOUR DE FRANCE!!)
Look this site: www.fantacyclo.com (soon in English)