Tour of the SE

Steve Watkin

Guest
Anyone done the London / Eastbourne / Hastings / Margate / Greenwich journey? I live in SE London /
Kent and am contemplating this for a 1 week camping tour later this year. I've got the maps but
would like to know any recommended camp sites and B/B. Having worked out the mileage at about 57
miles a day for the full route I think I may start at Crawley and finish at Whitstable, that would
make the daily distances a little less daunting for me! Also any other info you have would be
appreciated as this will be my first tour after a rebirth of cycling enthusiasm!

Thanks SW

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone done the London / Eastbourne / Hastings / Margate / Greenwich journey? I live in SE London
> / Kent and am contemplating this for a 1 week camping tour later this year. I've got the maps but
> would like to know any recommended camp sites and B/B. Having worked out the mileage at about 57
> miles a day for the full route I think I may start at Crawley and finish
at
> Whitstable, that would make the daily distances a little less daunting for me! Also any other info
> you have would be appreciated as this will be my first tour after a rebirth of cycling enthusiasm!

Not done it -- but its pretty lumpy in places. My suggestion would be to B&B this first tour. You
will travel much lighter, be able to start earlier and have greater flexibility (there are more
B&B's that there are campstites) so you can bottle out early if feeling buggered.

Listen to your body. If it wants a day off -- give it a day off. Its a holiday not a race.

Enjoy.

Thanks Tony, sounds like good advice.

SW