Tour of the SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Watkin

Anyone done the London / Eastbourne / Hastings / Margate / Greenwich journey? I live in SE London /
Kent and am contemplating this for a 1 week camping tour later this year. I've got the maps but
would like to know any recommended camp sites and B/B. Having worked out the mileage at about 57
miles a day for the full route I think I may start at Crawley and finish at Whitstable, that would
make the daily distances a little less daunting for me! Also any other info you have would be
appreciated as this will be my first tour after a rebirth of cycling enthusiasm!

Thanks SW

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone done the London / Eastbourne / Hastings / Margate / Greenwich journey? I live in SE London
> / Kent and am contemplating this for a 1 week camping tour later this year. I've got the maps but
> would like to know any recommended camp sites and B/B. Having worked out the mileage at about 57
> miles a day for the full route I think I may start at Crawley and finish
at
> Whitstable, that would make the daily distances a little less daunting for me! Also any other info
> you have would be appreciated as this will be my first tour after a rebirth of cycling enthusiasm!
>

Not done it -- but its pretty lumpy in places. My suggestion would be to B&B this first tour. You
will travel much lighter, be able to start earlier and have greater flexibility (there are more
B&B's that there are campstites) so you can bottle out early if feeling buggered.

Listen to your body. If it wants a day off -- give it a day off. Its a holiday not a race.

Enjoy.

T

Thanks Tony, sounds like good advice.

SW

"Tony W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Anyone done the London / Eastbourne / Hastings / Margate / Greenwich journey? I live in SE
> > London / Kent and am contemplating this for a 1 week
camping
> > tour later this year. I've got the maps but would like to know any recommended camp sites and
> > B/B. Having worked out the mileage at about
> > miles a day for the full route I think I may start at Crawley and finish
> at
> > Whitstable, that would make the daily distances a little less daunting
for
> > me! Also any other info you have would be appreciated as this will be my
first
> > tour after a rebirth of cycling enthusiasm!
> >
>
>
> Not done it -- but its pretty lumpy in places. My suggestion would be to B&B this first tour. You
> will travel much lighter, be able to start
earlier
> and have greater flexibility (there are more B&B's that there are campstites) so you can bottle
> out early if feeling buggered.
>
> Listen to your body. If it wants a day off -- give it a day off. Its a holiday not a race.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> T

Status
Not open for further replies.