Tour predictions

CowPunk

Guest
1. A sprinter will win the Tour GC

2. Less than 50% of starters will finish the race.

3. Will be one of the slowest avg. speeds in the past 10 years.

This years tour will be kind of like a basketball game.
Not worth watching until the last 5 minutes.

CowPunk wrote:
> 1. A sprinter will win the Tour GC

Nope.

> 2. Less than 50% of starters will finish the race.

Not sure, but it seems unlikely if you're correct about #3

> 3. Will be one of the slowest avg. speeds in the past 10 years.

"one of" makes this a bit candy-assed. But only sort of, if you take
my meaning. If it IS the lowest speed of the last 10 years, I'll buy
you a beer and mail it to you. I think it's untrue because A) There's
still plenty of others who didn't get caught and B) It's a relatively
flat route.

what odds are you offering?

CowPunk <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1. A sprinter will win the Tour GC
>
> 2. Less than 50% of starters will finish the race.
>
> 3. Will be one of the slowest avg. speeds in the past 10 years.
>
> This years tour will be kind of like a basketball game.
> Not worth watching until the last 5 minutes.

"CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1. A sprinter will win the Tour GC
>
> 2. Less than 50% of starters will finish the race.
>
> 3. Will be one of the slowest avg. speeds in the past 10 years.

Numbers 2 & 3 seem to be in conflict. If the race is really slow I suspect
that less riders will drop out or miss time cuts. Even the slowest riders
can easily get over the mountains if the pace is slow and not worried about
missing the cut.

I didn't say why they wouldn't finish. According to Horner the idea is
let them start the race then kick them out for maximum publicity.

The low avg. speed will be due to the small size of the peloton.

Frank Drackman wrote:
> "CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > 1. A sprinter will win the Tour GC
> >
> > 2. Less than 50% of starters will finish the race.
> >
> > 3. Will be one of the slowest avg. speeds in the past 10 years.
> >

> Numbers 2 & 3 seem to be in conflict. If the race is really slow I suspect
> that less riders will drop out or miss time cuts. Even the slowest riders
> can easily get over the mountains if the pace is slow and not worried about
> missing the cut.

"CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I didn't say why they wouldn't finish. According to Horner the idea is
> let them start the race then kick them out for maximum publicity.
>
> The low avg. speed will be due to the small size of the peloton.

OK, my mistake.

In article
<[email protected]>,
"CowPunk" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I didn't say why they wouldn't finish. According to Horner the idea is
> let them start the race then kick them out for maximum publicity.

Brilliant! That is the way to run an international bicycle
race. Surprising that nobody has thought of it before.

--
Michael Press