Tour trivia

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Stewart Fleming, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. When the fat lady sings this year, what will the song be?

    Tags:

  2. Dan Connelly

    Dan Connelly Guest

    Stewart Fleming wrote:
    > When the fat lady sings this year, what will the song be?

    4'33". by John Cage.

    Dan

  3. "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Stewart Fleming wrote:
    > > When the fat lady sings this year, what will the song be?
    > >

    > 4'33". by John Cage.
    >
    > Dan

    King Of The Road
    Roger Miller

    Trailers for sale or rent
    Rooms to let...fifty cents.
    No phone, no pool, no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
    Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    I'm a man of means by no means
    King of the road.

    Third boxcar, midnight train
    Destination...Bangor, Maine.
    Old worn out clothes and shoes,
    I don't pay no union dues,
    I smoke old stogies I have found
    Short, but not too big around
    I'm a man of means by no means
    King of the road.

    I know every engineer on every train
    All of their children, and all of their names
    And every handout in every town
    And every lock that ain't locked
    When no one's around.

    I sing,
    Trailers for sale or rent
    Rooms to let, fifty cents
    No phone, no pool, no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
    Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    I'm a man of means by no means
    King of the road.

    -tom

  4. Clovis Lark

    Clovis Lark Guest

    Tom Nakashima <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Stewart Fleming wrote:
    >> > When the fat lady sings this year, what will the song be?
    >> >

    >> 4'33". by John Cage.
    >>
    >> Dan

    > King Of The Road
    > Roger Miller

    Love it: from NYC downtown to trailer trash hits...

    > Trailers for sale or rent
    > Rooms to let...fifty cents.
    > No phone, no pool, no pets
    > I ain't got no cigarettes
    > Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
    > Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    > I'm a man of means by no means
    > King of the road.

    > Third boxcar, midnight train
    > Destination...Bangor, Maine.
    > Old worn out clothes and shoes,
    > I don't pay no union dues,
    > I smoke old stogies I have found
    > Short, but not too big around
    > I'm a man of means by no means
    > King of the road.

    > I know every engineer on every train
    > All of their children, and all of their names
    > And every handout in every town
    > And every lock that ain't locked
    > When no one's around.

    > I sing,
    > Trailers for sale or rent
    > Rooms to let, fifty cents
    > No phone, no pool, no pets
    > I ain't got no cigarettes
    > Ah, but, two hours of pushin' broom
    > Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
    > I'm a man of means by no means
    > King of the road.

    > -tom

  5. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    Stewart Fleming <stewart..tsnz.net>...
    > When the fat lady sings this year, what will the song be?

    Yellow Rose of Texas? (not that I like that song)

  6. Mapei81

    Mapei81 Guest

    "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow

  7. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Clovis Lark <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Tom Nakashima <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Dan Connelly" <[email protected]_e_e_e.o_r_g> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> >

    > >> 4'33". by John Cage.
    > >>
    > >> Dan

    > > King Of The Road
    > > Roger Miller

    > Love it: from NYC downtown to trailer trash hits...

    If Christophe Brandt were to sing it, he might belt out "I'm Waiting for
    the Man" by the Velvet Underground (to continue the NYC downtown theme
    (which was a good one, Dan) - sorry, but I can't think of any Boxcar Willy
    songs...).

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul14news

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    So far, so good, so what?

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  8. Ilan Vardi

    Ilan Vardi Guest

    [email protected] (Mapei81) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow

    She's going to have to eat a lot of foie gras before then.

    -ilan

  9. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    [email protected] (Mapei81) wrote .com>...
    > "If It Makes You Happy" by Sheryl Crow

    Finally, someone posted the correct answer.

    Are you the dude I see in full c. 1998 Mapei kit in San Rafael most
    mornings around 6:45 AM? (I am climbing Irwin while you're bombing
    down it.)

    -Ken