Tourer tires

dkahn400 wrote:

> I didn't think my top tip would cause so much heat but it definitely
> makes life easier.
>
> 1. The tyre can slip on the rim easily with some tyre / rim
> combinations especially if the puncture happens at speed.
> 2. If you remove the tyre from the rim the dots make it much easier to
> match up ...
> 3. Which makes removing the tyre a more attractive option.
> 4. Even removing the tube alone it's easy to get it turned round so
> you can't tell if the tyre was penetrated to the left or right of the
> label and have to look for the object at two sites.
> 5. Yes of course you should install the tyre with the label next to
> the valve but ...
> 6. The label can be long. The two dots allow you to realign the tyre
> and tube precisely and ...
> 7. Some tyres have a label either side, 180 degrees apart.
> 8. Er...
> 9. That's it.

My top tip when removing tyre/tube is to put a chalk line on the tyre,
lined up with valve, with an arrow pointing in direction of rotation.
When the tube comes out this is also given a mark on the same side.
Similar idea, different execution.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Turn on, log in, fight spam.

Tim Dunne wrote:

> What are the panel happy with these days? Decent fairy protection and
> performance?

Marathons, without the "Plus", work well for me. Have them on my 3 main
bikes, the 'bent tourer, the Brom, and the Freighter. Occasional
punctures, but rare enough to be most unusual.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK