Touring bike as a commuter?

I'm currently using a Trek 1200 as a commuter, I went for the trek
'cause I could put a rack on it and therefore panniers.

What are the pros of using a tourer as a commuter as opposed to my Trek,
which currently is doing the job just fine?
--
Cheers
Euan

I'm currently using a Trek 1200 as a commuter, I went for the trek
'cause I could put a rack on it and therefore panniers.

What are the pros of using a tourer as a commuter as opposed to my Trek,
which currently is doing the job just fine?
--
Cheers
Euan

My tourer is my commuter and its great. I'd have mixed feelings if I didn't have secure parking, its unique so harder to replace.

aeek wrote:

> [email protected] Wrote:
> > I'm currently using a Trek 1200 as a commuter, I went for the trek
> > 'cause I could put a rack on it and therefore panniers.
> >
> > What are the pros of using a tourer as a commuter as opposed to my
> > Trek,
> > which currently is doing the job just fine?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Euan

> My tourer is my commuter and its great. I'd have mixed feelings if I
> didn't have secure parking, its unique so harder to replace.

Same here - secure parking is guud. Tourer pros over a road racer:
- More likely to have attachments and clearance for mudguards and
panniers (front and rear)
- More heel clearance for panniers.
- More sturdy and probably wider tyres - good for potholes, wear &
tear etc.

But if the Trek is doing the job for you, then no problem!