Touring bike Cannondale T1 vs Raleigh Sojourn

downhillbill

Apr 27, 2010
I am wanting a new bike for the randoneering / brevet series - these will be 400k and 600k distances. I have been considering either a Cannondale T1 or maybe a Raleigh Sojourn. Does anyone have opinions about either bike, or possibly another recommendation?

downhillbill said:
I am wanting a new bike for the randoneering / brevet series - these will be 400k and 600k distances. I have been considering either a Cannondale T1 or maybe a Raleigh Sojourn. Does anyone have opinions about either bike, or possibly another recommendation?
I presume the Cannondale has an alloy frame ... and, I believe the particular Raleigh has a steel frame ... ergo, I would choose the Raleigh.

Alternatively, I would get a JAMIS CODA and fit it with Drop Bars + Campagnolo shifters.

alfeng said:
I presume the Cannondale has an alloy frame ... and, I believe the particular Raleigh has a steel frame ... ergo, I would choose the Raleigh.

Alternatively, I would get a JAMIS CODA and fit it with Drop Bars + Campagnolo shifters.

The Cannondale also has a steel frame. Do you recommend steel for durability or for comfort?

downhillbill said:
The Cannondale also has a steel frame. Do you recommend steel for durability or for comfort?
Comfort, first ...

Secondarily, a steel frame can be repaired almost anywhere in the world using a 'regular' welding torch.