Touring from Pau to Toulouse

J Kelly

Guest
any suggestions re above for two reasonably fit ( well one) middle aged men who need to complete
this journey in 2 days.

J Kelly wrote:

>any suggestions re above for two reasonably fit ( well one) middle aged men who need to complete
>this journey in 2 days.

Avoid going via Lourdes at all costs.

Pau - Morlass - Lembeye - Maubourguet - Marciac - Montesquiou (camp) - Auch - Pessan - Samatan -
Bragayac - St Lys - Toulouse.

Or even better, but longer:

Pau - Arudy - Laruns - Col d'Aubisque (1709) - Col du Soulor (1474) - Arcizans - Luz St Sauveur -
Col du Tourmalet (2115) - Col d'Aspin
(1489) - Arreau - Col du Peyresourde (1569) - Bagneres-de-Luchon (camp) - Col du Portillon (1320)
[Spain] - Pont du Roi (582) [France]
- St Beat - Col du Mente (1349) - Col du Portet d'Aspet - St Girons - Ste Croix - Montesquieu -
Lezat - Toulouse
--
remove remove to reply

J Kelly <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> any suggestions re above for two reasonably fit ( well one) middle aged
men
> who need to complete this journey in 2 days.

A fairly direct route is: D943, D7 / D6, Vic-en-Bigorre, D934, N21, Mielan, D127, Masseube, D27,
D12, Simorre, D234, D632 This is about 162km, according to my Michelin map, so it is do-able in a
day, with Masseube at about 90km as a possible half-way stop, if there is anything there.

Going via Auch will give you a half-way stop in a place big enough to be reasonable sure of finding
accommodation: Pau, Lembeye, Maubourguet, Marciac, Montesguiou, Auch (D934 all the way,except for
last 5km on D924) 112km Auch, D626, D349, D149, Samatan, D634, D632, Toulouse 83km

If you are aiming for Toulouse airport, this may possibly give a better approach, although it
depends on bike access into the airport: Auch, D924, N124, D175, Mauvezin, D654, Cologne, D21,
D29(?), Cadours, D1, Toulouse 78km

If you get a map, (Michelin or IGN green) there are loads of minor roads

Most of my French touring has been with a tent, so I don't have a very good feel for how big a place
has to be before there is a decent chance of acommodation. There are campsites marked in Simorre and
Montesguiou.

Andrew