touring Italy thru Slovenia

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Fjmollot, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Fjmollot

    Fjmollot Guest

    we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks); we
    would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and spend
    there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have done
    something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when possible,
    otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!

    Nous projetons un voyage de cyclotourisme ce printemps (fin-mai à fin-juin, environ 5 semaines), à
    partir de Turin, Italie, en suivant la vallée du Po, vers la Slovénie, où nous passerions quelque
    temps; nous irons ensuite à Budapest, d'où nous repartirons vers le Canada. Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà
    effectué un voyage semblable, ou peut-il nous fournir des conseils, renseignements, etc...nous avons
    l'intention de camper la plupart du temps, ou de prendre des pensions ou petits hotels. Merci de
    votre collaboration!

    Tags:

  2. Ferenc Lovro

    Ferenc Lovro Guest

    [email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks); we
    > would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and spend
    > there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have done
    > something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when possible,
    > otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!

    Hi,

    I have a little travelogue and a complete list of campsites in Slovenia on my page at
    http://www.plitkorn.com about one of my Slovenian journeys, and I will add more soon. This year I'm
    planning a trip to Italy through Slovenia with my gf, but we will be departing Hungary late June. I
    live in Székesfehérvár, Hungary, that's a city on your way to Budapest, so there's a good chance we
    will meet on the road somewhere. :eek:)

    If you're in Slovenia, I recommend you to take a look at Koper, the Bohinj and Bled lakes, the
    Triglav, the Caves at Postojna, downtown Ljubljana, cities of Maribor, Ptuj and Celje. In Hungary
    you should ride on the north coast of Lake Balaton, check the Tihany peninsula, city of
    Székesfehérvár, Budapest, Esztergom (that's northwest of Budapest).

    If you have any questions about the route, need help finding adequate campsites, places to visit or
    anything else, feel free to contact me either here, or mail me via my website or using the above
    address. I'll be glad to help!

    Frank www.plitkorn.com - bicycle touring

  3. Fjmollot

    Fjmollot Guest

    Thanks for your answer and your suggestions! I will certainly have a look at your site and
    travelogue, and will get back at you afterwards. See you (maybe) on the roads to Budapest next june!

    [email protected] (Ferenc Lovro) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks);
    > > we would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and
    > > spend there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have
    > > done something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when
    > > possible, otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a little travelogue and a complete list of campsites in Slovenia on my page at
    > http://www.plitkorn.com about one of my Slovenian journeys, and I will add more soon. This year
    > I'm planning a trip to Italy through Slovenia with my gf, but we will be departing Hungary late
    > June. I live in Székesfehérvár, Hungary, that's a city on your way to Budapest, so there's a good
    > chance we will meet on the road somewhere. :eek:)
    >
    > If you're in Slovenia, I recommend you to take a look at Koper, the Bohinj and Bled lakes, the
    > Triglav, the Caves at Postojna, downtown Ljubljana, cities of Maribor, Ptuj and Celje. In Hungary
    > you should ride on the north coast of Lake Balaton, check the Tihany peninsula, city of
    > Székesfehérvár, Budapest, Esztergom (that's northwest of Budapest).
    >
    > If you have any questions about the route, need help finding adequate campsites, places to visit
    > or anything else, feel free to contact me either here, or mail me via my website or using the
    > above address. I'll be glad to help!
    >
    > Frank www.plitkorn.com - bicycle touring

  4. Ferenc Lovro

    Ferenc Lovro Guest

    [email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks for your answer and your suggestions! I will certainly have a look at your site and
    > travelogue, and will get back at you afterwards. See you (maybe) on the roads to Budapest
    > next june!

    You're welcome. If you feel like it, I can also tell you my mobile number in e-mail, so you can have
    a contact in case of an emergency in this area.

    Frank www.plitkorn.com