touring Italy thru Slovenia

Fjmollot

Guest
we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks); we
would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and spend
there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have done
something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when possible,
otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!

Nous projetons un voyage de cyclotourisme ce printemps (fin-mai à fin-juin, environ 5 semaines), à
partir de Turin, Italie, en suivant la vallée du Po, vers la Slovénie, où nous passerions quelque
temps; nous irons ensuite à Budapest, d'où nous repartirons vers le Canada. Quelqu'un a-t-il déjà
effectué un voyage semblable, ou peut-il nous fournir des conseils, renseignements, etc...nous avons
l'intention de camper la plupart du temps, ou de prendre des pensions ou petits hotels. Merci de
votre collaboration!

[email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks); we
> would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and spend
> there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have done
> something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when possible,
> otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!

Hi,

I have a little travelogue and a complete list of campsites in Slovenia on my page at
http://www.plitkorn.com about one of my Slovenian journeys, and I will add more soon. This year I'm
planning a trip to Italy through Slovenia with my gf, but we will be departing Hungary late June. I
live in Székesfehérvár, Hungary, that's a city on your way to Budapest, so there's a good chance we
will meet on the road somewhere. :eek:)

If you're in Slovenia, I recommend you to take a look at Koper, the Bohinj and Bled lakes, the
Triglav, the Caves at Postojna, downtown Ljubljana, cities of Maribor, Ptuj and Celje. In Hungary
you should ride on the north coast of Lake Balaton, check the Tihany peninsula, city of
Székesfehérvár, Budapest, Esztergom (that's northwest of Budapest).

If you have any questions about the route, need help finding adequate campsites, places to visit or
anything else, feel free to contact me either here, or mail me via my website or using the above
address. I'll be glad to help!

Frank www.plitkorn.com - bicycle touring

Thanks for your answer and your suggestions! I will certainly have a look at your site and
travelogue, and will get back at you afterwards. See you (maybe) on the roads to Budapest next june!

[email protected] (Ferenc Lovro) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > we are planning a cycling touring journey for next end of may to end of june (roughly 5 weeks);
> > we would land in Turin, cycling down the Po river valley, the, going east towards Slovenia, and
> > spend there a while; our departure to Canada would be from Budapest, Hungary; does anyone have
> > done something similar, or could anyone give some hints? We would like to camp mostly when
> > possible, otherwise in pensions or small hotels. thanks for any help!
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a little travelogue and a complete list of campsites in Slovenia on my page at
> http://www.plitkorn.com about one of my Slovenian journeys, and I will add more soon. This year
> I'm planning a trip to Italy through Slovenia with my gf, but we will be departing Hungary late
> June. I live in Székesfehérvár, Hungary, that's a city on your way to Budapest, so there's a good
> chance we will meet on the road somewhere. :eek:)
>
> If you're in Slovenia, I recommend you to take a look at Koper, the Bohinj and Bled lakes, the
> Triglav, the Caves at Postojna, downtown Ljubljana, cities of Maribor, Ptuj and Celje. In Hungary
> you should ride on the north coast of Lake Balaton, check the Tihany peninsula, city of
> Székesfehérvár, Budapest, Esztergom (that's northwest of Budapest).
>
> If you have any questions about the route, need help finding adequate campsites, places to visit
> or anything else, feel free to contact me either here, or mail me via my website or using the
> above address. I'll be glad to help!
>
> Frank www.plitkorn.com - bicycle touring

[email protected] (fjmollot) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks for your answer and your suggestions! I will certainly have a look at your site and
> travelogue, and will get back at you afterwards. See you (maybe) on the roads to Budapest
> next june!

You're welcome. If you feel like it, I can also tell you my mobile number in e-mail, so you can have
a contact in case of an emergency in this area.

Frank www.plitkorn.com