Touring Lists????

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Rmitc59274, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Rmitc59274

    Rmitc59274 Guest

    I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
    that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
    Thanks!!!!

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:

    > I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
    > that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
    > Thanks!!!!

    The phred list is still there (the website is www.phred.org). Something happened with the
    subscription lists a while ago, so you may either have to re-subscribe, or change your
    subscription options.

    Benjamin Lewis

    Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair -- It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get
    you anywhere.

  3. Ken Brown

    Ken Brown Guest

    I have always preferred newsgroups over listserves. With lists you get every message and have to
    delete the ones you don't want, whereas with newsgroups you can choose to just look at the ones that
    interest you. I would hope you would still contribute to this group if you do join a list.

    Ken

    [email protected] (RMitc59274) wrote:

    >I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
    >that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
    >Thanks!!!!

  4. Nyrides

    Nyrides Guest

    I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

    --
    Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Benjamin Lewis" <[email protected]>

  5. [email protected] wrote:

    > I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

    Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.

    Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'

    --
    Benjamin Lewis

    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you
    underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." --Matt Groening

  6. John Gorentz

    John Gorentz Guest

    Benjamin Lewis wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.
    >
    > Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.
    >
    > Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'

    The list owner sent out a note earlier today (Thursday) saying the server would be down for maybe a
    couple of hours, beginning around 5pm Pacific time.

    John Gorentz

  7. Rmitc59274

    Rmitc59274 Guest

    Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway

  8. Rmitc59274

    Rmitc59274 Guest

    I've used this this one longer (years) over anything else. I just like options. No plan to ever
    discontinue using this newsgroup.

  9. [email protected] wrote:

    > Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway

    It seems to be working again now.

    --
    Benjamin Lewis

    Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent. -- Walt Kelly