Touring Lists????



Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rmitc59274

Guest
I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
Thanks!!!!
 
B

Benjamin Lewis

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
> that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
> Thanks!!!!

The phred list is still there (the website is www.phred.org). Something happened with the
subscription lists a while ago, so you may either have to re-subscribe, or change your
subscription options.

(go to http://www.phred.org/mailman/listinfo/touring)

--
Benjamin Lewis

Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair -- It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get
you anywhere.
 
K

Ken Brown

Guest
I have always preferred newsgroups over listserves. With lists you get every message and have to
delete the ones you don't want, whereas with newsgroups you can choose to just look at the ones that
interest you. I would hope you would still contribute to this group if you do join a list.

Ken

[email protected] (RMitc59274) wrote:

>I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
>that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
>Thanks!!!!
 
N

Nyrides

Guest
I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

--
Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Benjamin Lewis" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
> > that but it appears to have gone away.
Anyone
> > have any ideas on where to find a good list? Thanks!!!!
>
> The phred list is still there (the website is www.phred.org). Something happened with the
> subscription lists a while ago, so you may either have
to
> re-subscribe, or change your subscription options.
>
> (go to http://www.phred.org/mailman/listinfo/touring)
>
> --
> Benjamin Lewis
>
> Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair -- It gives you something to
do,
> but it doesn't get you anywhere.
 
B

Benjamin Lewis

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.

Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'

--
Benjamin Lewis

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you
underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." --Matt Groening
 
J

John Gorentz

Guest
Benjamin Lewis wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.
>
> Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.
>
> Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'
>

The list owner sent out a note earlier today (Thursday) saying the server would be down for maybe a
couple of hours, beginning around 5pm Pacific time.

John Gorentz
 
R

Rmitc59274

Guest
Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway
 
R

Rmitc59274

Guest
I've used this this one longer (years) over anything else. I just like options. No plan to ever
discontinue using this newsgroup.
 
B

Benjamin Lewis

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway

It seems to be working again now.

--
Benjamin Lewis

Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent. -- Walt Kelly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.