Touring Lists????

Rmitc59274

Guest
I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
Thanks!!!!

[email protected] wrote:

> I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
> that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
> Thanks!!!!

The phred list is still there (the website is www.phred.org). Something happened with the
subscription lists a while ago, so you may either have to re-subscribe, or change your
subscription options.

Benjamin Lewis

Worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair -- It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get
you anywhere.

I have always preferred newsgroups over listserves. With lists you get every message and have to
delete the ones you don't want, whereas with newsgroups you can choose to just look at the ones that
interest you. I would hope you would still contribute to this group if you do join a list.

Ken

[email protected] (RMitc59274) wrote:

>I'm looking for an E-mail list for cycle touring. I was on a list at Phred.com or something like
>that but it appears to have gone away. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a good list?
>Thanks!!!!

I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

--
Low-Impact Rides in the NY/LI region www.geocities.com/NYRides "Benjamin Lewis" <[email protected]>

[email protected] wrote:

> I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.

Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.

Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'

--
Benjamin Lewis

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you
underneath. At night, the ice weasels come." --Matt Groening

Benjamin Lewis wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to bring up that page, either, and I'd be very interested in joining.
>
> Hmm, it was working for me earlier today.
>
> Try sending an email to [email protected] with subject line `subscribe'

The list owner sent out a note earlier today (Thursday) saying the server would be down for maybe a
couple of hours, beginning around 5pm Pacific time.

John Gorentz

Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway

I've used this this one longer (years) over anything else. I just like options. No plan to ever
discontinue using this newsgroup.

[email protected] wrote:

> Clicked your ling and it said touring "no such list" thanks anyway

It seems to be working again now.

--
Benjamin Lewis

Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent. -- Walt Kelly