Touring and recreational cycling · Public discussion

Touring the SW-U.S. in winter?

Started by cwilliamsDC · · Last activity · 1 post · 985 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Touring and recreational cycling
Published
25 May 2005
Last activity
25 May 2005
Original author
cwilliamsDC
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
985
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello, all.
    First let me say that I am so glad to have found this forum: I am new to cycling and will be going on my first tour this winter. Needless to say, I am a little nervous, and I have plenty of questions!
    Right now my biggest concern is the weather: I have not nailed down a route, but I am interested in biking from El Paso, TX, to San Diego. Or the other way around... Does anyone have experience cycling through the South-western U.S. or other desertic areas in the winter? Is this a bad idea? What winter months are best for touring in this area? Also, are there any advantages to traveling East to West or West to East?
    Thanks so much!
    ~Courtney

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.