Touring w/trailer: Fairing or No?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Scott, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    The war has started, God help us, but I've still got a recumbent question.

    I'm probably going to be doing a tour in about four weeks on my Haluzak, and I'll be towing a Burley
    trailer--two wheels. It seems that with the overall reduced speeds, weight, wind resistance of the
    trailer, etc., that I'm better off just leaving the fairing. I figure I'll shave 2/3 lbs. and be
    better off in the long run. What do you think?

    Scott

    Tags:

  2. can you easily remove the fairing and put ONTO the cargo trailer? A tour in the Spring might have
    stong winds and damp or rainy weather where a fairing will come in handy and then remove it when
    the sun is out and the winds are low. Onto meaning bungee it onto the trailer front so the trailer
    is faired.
    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:b41df48c.0303192159.4adb[email protected]...
    > The war has started, God help us, but I've still got a recumbent question.
    >
    > I'm probably going to be doing a tour in about four weeks on my Haluzak, and I'll be towing a
    > Burley trailer--two wheels. It seems that with the overall reduced speeds, weight, wind resistance
    > of the trailer, etc., that I'm better off just leaving the fairing. I figure I'll shave 2/3 lbs.
    > and be better off in the long run. What do you think?
    >
    > Scott

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Maybe--good idea, Joshua. I'll look into it.

    Scott