Touring with Team/ was Volae Report

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Warren Berger, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. Rick Moll

    Rick Moll Guest

    Warren Berger wrote:
    > Dave,
    >
    > I would suggest a set of 559 mm (MTB size) wheels for touring. There are tons of fat tires in this
    > size. And being slightly smaller in diameter will increase clearance for fat tires. ...

    I think someone from Hostel Shoppe (Eric Hartman?) posted some time back that the big wheel Volaes
    would take ISO 559 wheels and that the brakes would adjust. But as far as the 559 wheel providing
    increased clearance, that's certainly true in the rear; but at least with the stock True Temper
    Alpha Q Pro fork on the Team the clearance is just about as limited in width as diameter. The Club
    comes with a Kinesis Carbon AirFoil fork which may provide a wider clearance. Otherwise I would
    think that a CroMoly MTB fork could be fitted to the Volae.

    Rick Moll