toxic truckie

Ray Peace

Guest
Salutations ! I was nearly killed this afternoon by a moron driving a truck belonging to a local
company. I was riding along an average suburban secondary road when a tray truck rounded the corner
behind me. I watched in my rear vision mirror as the driver deliberately attempted to side-swipe me
with a outboard rear vision protruding about half a metre from the truck body. As I went into the
gutter and he missed by cms he grinned idiotically. About half an hour later I observed a truck of
identical design owned by the same company pull up at a local bottle shop, from which the driver
emerged with a slab, so it is, I think, a reasonable assumption that both drivers were attending a
****-up and had probably already had a few. I intend to visit the company in question in the morning
to complain of their driver's behaviour, and will also report it to the police, who this afternoon
were not much interested as usual. Input welcome. Regards, Ray.

Probably better to write them a letter and send a copy to the local paper.

- LB

Ray Peace wrote:
> Salutations ! I was nearly killed this afternoon by a moron driving a truck belonging to a local
> company. I was riding along an average suburban secondary road when a tray truck rounded the
> corner behind me. I watched in my rear vision mirror as the driver deliberately attempted to
> side-swipe me with a outboard rear vision protruding about half a metre from the truck body. As I
> went into the gutter and he missed by cms he grinned idiotically. About half an hour later I
> observed a truck of identical design owned by the same company pull up at a local bottle shop,
> from which the driver emerged with a slab, so it is, I think, a reasonable assumption that both
> drivers were attending a ****-up and had probably already had a few. I intend to visit the company
> in question in the morning to complain of their driver's behaviour, and will also report it to the
> police, who this afternoon were not much interested as usual. Input welcome. Regards, Ray.

Hi Ray

Sounds like you met a moron driver who needs a lesson to be taught. I definitely think you should
contact the Police, but don't bother with your local cop shop, go directly to the Melbourne Bicycle
Patrol. Call Sgt Russell Lindsay on 9247 5517. He's a very pro-bike cop, because he understands what
we are up against, since he spends his work days riding around the inner city. I once had a driver
run into my rear wheel while I was "taking the lane", and Russell was willing to press "vehicular
assault" charges. (Couldn't proceed with it though, coz I didn't have the rego... a mate of mine got
the car on video but the plate was obscured, and I was too shocked to remember the rego). Even
though it's likely that your incident happened outside Russell's geographic zone, he'll be able to
help you ensure that the driver gets his just desserts.

cheers Justin

> From: Ray Peace <[email protected]> Organization: Customer of Alphalink Australia Pty. Ltd.
> Newsgroups: aus.bicycle Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 20:47:20 +1000 Subject: toxic truckie
>
> Salutations ! I was nearly killed this afternoon by a moron driving a truck belonging to a local
> company. I was riding along an average suburban secondary road when a tray truck rounded the
> corner behind me. I watched in my rear vision mirror as the driver deliberately attempted to
> side-swipe me with a outboard rear vision protruding about half a metre from the truck body. As I
> went into the gutter and he missed by cms he grinned idiotically. About half an hour later I
> observed a truck of identical design owned by the same company pull up at a local bottle shop,
> from which the driver emerged with a slab, so it is, I think, a reasonable assumption that both
> drivers were attending a ****-up and had probably already had a few. I intend to visit the company
> in question in the morning to complain of their driver's behaviour, and will also report it to the
> police, who this afternoon were not much interested as usual. Input welcome. Regards, Ray.

Whilst rampantly masturbating, on Mon, 02 Jun 2003
20:47:20 +1000, Ray Peace <[email protected]> wrote:

>Salutations ! I was nearly killed this afternoon by a moron driving a truck belonging to a
>local company.

Yesterday, 2/6/03, i was riding nortbound on the Princes Hway between Waterfall and Heathcote. A
large, white, Kenworth was all over the place. Swerving in and out of the bike lane and also into
the right hand lane. He pulled up at the Shell service station near Heathcote.....when i rode past
i looked into the cab and the driver was fast asleep!

If a company puts vehicles out there baring the company name then they must be hoping to acheive some publicity. The operators of such vehicles should therefore be expected by the company to be on their best behaviour as their driving habits then become representative of that company.

A company that is poorly represented in this fashion should therefore expect to recieve BAD publicity and suffer the consequences.

This reasoning is relevent for ALL "company" vehicles from trade vehicles to flash V8 utes. If it bares a company name and has an idiot at the wheel then they don't get money from me or anyone I know. Pass it on.