TR - Bilsdale, North York Moors

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Paul Rose, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    Hi All

    Me and my better half managed a walk in the NYM last Monday. Not a very long
    walk or indeed a high one, but enjoyable all the same.

    We started in Bilsdale, approximately 8 miles from Helmsley on the B1257,
    and visited a couple of abandoned ruins, namely Carr Cote and New House, and
    a couple of stone crosses out on the moor. The heather was in abundance,
    actually up to our waists at times! A beautiful site though. We also called
    into the Sun Inn which included a very interesting visit to the original Sun
    Inn close by, a remarkably well-preserved example of a 16th century
    cruck-framed house dating back to 1744. The beer at the time cost 1s 5d (or
    7½ p in modern money), per gallon! If only we could travel back in time :eek:)
    I've uploaded rather more photos than normal because of the amount taken at
    the Sun Inn but it really was a great place to visit and I just couldn't
    stop snapping :eek:)

    I've added the photos and a write-up to my site for anyone who wishes to
    view them. Just follow the 'Bilsdale Views' link from the home page at:
    http://www.lakelandwalker.co.uk

    Regards, Paul (R)
    My Lake District walking site:
    http://www.lakelandwalker.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:09:51 GMT, "Paul Rose"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >Me and my better half managed a walk in the NYM last Monday. Not a very long
    >walk or indeed a high one, but enjoyable all the same.

    Thanks for sharing. Your walking is so different from ours.

    Andrew

  3. "Paul Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi All
    >
    > Me and my better half managed a walk in the NYM last Monday. Not a very
    > long
    > walk or indeed a high one, but enjoyable all the same.

    Thanks for a great "renewal".....the last time I did the Lake District was a
    hostelling savari back in 1947.....H

  4. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "Harold Walker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Paul Rose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > Me and my better half managed a walk in the NYM last Monday. Not a very
    > > long
    > > walk or indeed a high one, but enjoyable all the same.
    > >

    > Thanks for a great "renewal".....the last time I did the Lake District was

    > hostelling savari back in 1947.....H

    Hi Harold,

    Sorry for my late reply but have been having problems posting replies to the
    ng. I'm glad my site renewed fond memories :eek:)

    --
    Regards, Paul (R)
    My Lake District walking site:
    http://www.lakelandwalker.co.uk

  5. Paul Rose

    Paul Rose Guest

    "Andrew Priest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:09:51 GMT, "Paul Rose"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All
    > >
    > >Me and my better half managed a walk in the NYM last Monday. Not a very

    long
    > >walk or indeed a high one, but enjoyable all the same.

    > Thanks for sharing. Your walking is so different from ours.
    >
    > Andrew

    Hi Andrew,

    In a 'good' way or 'bad' ? :eek:)