TR: Carn an Fhidhlair & An Sgarsoch

"Nick (Scots)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Linn of Dee approach, not as good as the Glen Feshie approach, but an

easy
> > day out, (cycled the 9 mile in!)
> > http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/carnealar/

> Nice pics. How technical is the track ? Double track and then the stalkers
> path.
> Would the stakers path be rideable ?
>
> Nick

I wouldn't know how to grade a track for a bike, however I will try and give
you some indication, you could get an average car to Red Bridges (NO005869)
then a land rover (with out needing diff lock) to Geldie Lodge. And I doubt
you would need touch the ground with your feet on the stalkers path from
Geldie Lodge to NN925857, after wich its peat bog country! I left the bike
at Geldie Lodge as I was returning via "Corrie Seilich"

Note, the crossing of the Geldie Burn at Geldie Lodge may become impossable
if in spate. As you can see from the pics I was there on a good day, and I
took the socks and shoes off and waded accross, knee deep!