TR; Glencoe Ski Mountain

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Nick \(Scots\), Jan 22, 2006.

  1. Drove to meet my mate at the 'green welly stop', the haunt of ill repute
    and many tourists of the coach and sedentary lifestyle.

    Of course she had forgotten her boots. She asured me it would be fine
    in her worn out trainers. So a quick search in the shop, whilst avoiding
    buying the 'fetish' leather stalker boots, knee length, revealed a cheap
    pair of 'off rd' trainers.

    Tanked off up the the ski tow path and after hitting the plateau
    the snow deepend. Knee deep soft stuff with patchs of dirty neve
    lead us to the last tow and summit cairn. Poor visibilty apart
    from the odd fleeting glimpse of Clach Leathad (the original target for the day)
    then ran back down the deep snow.

    A couple of chaps were ahead who we caught up and overtook.
    They were staying in the wee bothy just at the carpark.

    So another weekend without a new summit. 96th next weekend hopefully.

    Nick

    Ps Handy toliet seat sanitisers in the green welly toilets
    help prevent Hepatitis infection (aparently).

    Tags:

  2. Fran

    Fran Guest

    "Nick \(Scots\)" <[email protected]> said...
    > Ps Handy toliet seat sanitisers in the green welly toilets
    > help prevent Hepatitis infection (aparently).

    Eh? How? You'd need to have cuts and grazes in some very strange
    places to be at risk, surely? Or isn't it spread the same way as other
    wossnames?
    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  3. "Nick (Scots)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Drove to meet my mate at the 'green welly stop', the haunt of ill repute
    > and many tourists of the coach and sedentary lifestyle.
    >
    > Of course she had forgotten her boots. She asured me it would be fine
    > in her worn out trainers. So a quick search in the shop, whilst avoiding
    > buying the 'fetish' leather stalker boots, knee length, revealed a cheap
    > pair of 'off rd' trainers.
    >
    > Tanked off up the the ski tow path and after hitting the plateau
    > the snow deepend. Knee deep soft stuff with patchs of dirty neve
    > lead us to the last tow and summit cairn. Poor visibilty apart
    > from the odd fleeting glimpse of Clach Leathad (the original target for
    > the day)
    > then ran back down the deep snow.
    >
    > A couple of chaps were ahead who we caught up and overtook.
    > They were staying in the wee bothy just at the carpark.
    >
    > So another weekend without a new summit. 96th next weekend hopefully.
    >
    > Nick
    >
    > Ps Handy toliet seat sanitisers in the green welly toilets
    > help prevent Hepatitis infection (aparently).

    Love to know where you found a 'ski tow path' near the Green Wellie Stop
    ;-))
    Andy