TR:Red Screes

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Dec 6, 2004.

  1. I had a walk out to Red Screes this damp and drizzly morning from the
    bottom of Kirkstone Pass. I was absolutely sodden by the end but the
    high winds meant that the mist did clear fleetingly on the odd occasion
    so I did manage to get a couple of photo's. Needless to say I didn't
    meet a single soul! Photo's are posted:
    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Regards,
    Sean

    Tags:

  2. > I had a walk out to Red Screes this damp and drizzly morning from the
    > bottom of Kirkstone Pass. I was absolutely sodden by the end but the
    > high winds meant that the mist did clear fleetingly on the odd occasion
    > so I did manage to get a couple of photo's. Needless to say I didn't
    > meet a single soul! Photo's are posted:
    > http://www.stridingedge.net

    Hi Sean,

    Your dog looked a little wet and bedraggled sat at the cairn of Red Screes!
    ......... though I am sure he/she was enjoying the outing.

    Weather was certainly different to when Clare and I went up High Hartsop
    Dodd from Brotherswater on Fri 19 Nov.

    (http://www.thewalkzone.co.uk/Lake_District/walk_69/191104.htm)

    The day before (Thrs) when we had planned to do the walk the weather was
    terrible, however the conditions on Friday were worth waiting for.

    --
    sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
    brings the same excitement'

  3. Hi Sandy,

    You certainly had a different day to me! If only they were all like
    that.....

    Sean

  4. > You certainly had a different day to me! If only they were all like
    > that.....

    Yes, couldn't believe how good it was. We had been walking in the rain/low
    cloud all week, with the exception of the Saturday (13 Nov) that we arrived.
    It was great to leave on a high.

    --
    sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
    brings the same excitement'

  5. Judith

    Judith Guest

    On 6 Dec 2004 07:34:54 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >Photo's are posted:
    >http://www.stridingedge.net

    Nice pics, Sean. I can almost feel the wind blowing the rain into my
    face! The dog's expression gives a true weather report.

    Judith

  6. Peewiglet

    Peewiglet Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:32:38 +0000, Judith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    >The dog's expression gives a true weather report.

    So true! :)

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,