TR:Red Screes

I had a walk out to Red Screes this damp and drizzly morning from the
bottom of Kirkstone Pass. I was absolutely sodden by the end but the
high winds meant that the mist did clear fleetingly on the odd occasion
so I did manage to get a couple of photo's. Needless to say I didn't
meet a single soul! Photo's are posted:
http://www.stridingedge.net

Regards,
Sean

> I had a walk out to Red Screes this damp and drizzly morning from the
> bottom of Kirkstone Pass. I was absolutely sodden by the end but the
> high winds meant that the mist did clear fleetingly on the odd occasion
> so I did manage to get a couple of photo's. Needless to say I didn't
> meet a single soul! Photo's are posted:
> http://www.stridingedge.net

Hi Sean,

Your dog looked a little wet and bedraggled sat at the cairn of Red Screes!
......... though I am sure he/she was enjoying the outing.

Weather was certainly different to when Clare and I went up High Hartsop
Dodd from Brotherswater on Fri 19 Nov.

(http://www.thewalkzone.co.uk/Lake_District/walk_69/191104.htm)

The day before (Thrs) when we had planned to do the walk the weather was
terrible, however the conditions on Friday were worth waiting for.

--
sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
brings the same excitement'

> You certainly had a different day to me! If only they were all like
> that.....

Yes, couldn't believe how good it was. We had been walking in the rain/low
cloud all week, with the exception of the Saturday (13 Nov) that we arrived.
It was great to leave on a high.

--
sandy saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still
brings the same excitement'

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:32:38 +0000, Judith
<[email protected]> wrote:

[...]
>The dog's expression gives a true weather report.

So true! :)

Best wishes,
--
,,