TR: Whernside, Thursday March 3rd

Glenn

Guest
Hi (from someone who usually just hovers in the background, reading all the
interesting stuff...),

We went up Whernside last Thursday, we had been watching the Ingleborough
webcam (http://www.toobys.co.uk/webcam.htm) as the snow had built up, and
also the weather forecast, which indicated that Thursday was the day to go
for it. And it was. It was a beautiful, clear sunny day. The snow was thigh
deep in places and the usual long slog to the summit was far more
interesting than in the summer.

Pictures here (assuming the link works, as I've only just figured out how to
get images onto the internet....)

http://community.webshots.com/user/speleovercors

Cheers,

Glenn

Web site: http://www.andromeda-park.demon.co.uk
Speleo Vercors: http://www.speleo-vercors.org

Glenn wrote:

> http://community.webshots.com/user/speleovercors

Good weather ! Can't remember what it was like down our way last
Thursday but I'm sure it didn't look like that :) I call it
purple sun weather because after a while of being it out in that
sort of brightness and that much snow everything starts to acquire
a purple tinge. I don't know whether this is related to known
pnysical, non-alcohol related phenomenom or if its just the first
signs of impending snow-blindness.

Chris

Hi,
I was on Pen-Y-Ghent same day and it was marvellous, by the trig
point I saw a little mouse hopping around and later at Hull Pot (I
Think) I saw another mouse which actually climbed on my rucksack (on
the floor at the time). The snow looked nice but was tiring to walk
through.
Steve Crossley

Hi Steve

Enjoyed the snowy photos , what fantastic weather you had . Thought the shot
of Ingleborough was superb .

Regards

Graham .

news:[email protected]...