TR: Whernside, Thursday March 3rd

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Glenn, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Hi (from someone who usually just hovers in the background, reading all the
    interesting stuff...),

    We went up Whernside last Thursday, we had been watching the Ingleborough
    webcam (http://www.toobys.co.uk/webcam.htm) as the snow had built up, and
    also the weather forecast, which indicated that Thursday was the day to go
    for it. And it was. It was a beautiful, clear sunny day. The snow was thigh
    deep in places and the usual long slog to the summit was far more
    interesting than in the summer.

    Pictures here (assuming the link works, as I've only just figured out how to
    get images onto the internet....)

    http://community.webshots.com/user/speleovercors

    Cheers,

    Glenn

    Web site: http://www.andromeda-park.demon.co.uk
    Speleo Vercors: http://www.speleo-vercors.org

    Tags:

  2. Glenn wrote:

    > http://community.webshots.com/user/speleovercors

    Good weather ! Can't remember what it was like down our way last
    Thursday but I'm sure it didn't look like that :) I call it
    purple sun weather because after a while of being it out in that
    sort of brightness and that much snow everything starts to acquire
    a purple tinge. I don't know whether this is related to known
    pnysical, non-alcohol related phenomenom or if its just the first
    signs of impending snow-blindness.

    Chris

  3. Hi,
    I was on Pen-Y-Ghent same day and it was marvellous, by the trig
    point I saw a little mouse hopping around and later at Hull Pot (I
    Think) I saw another mouse which actually climbed on my rucksack (on
    the floor at the time). The snow looked nice but was tiring to walk
    through.
    Steve Crossley

  4. Hi Steve

    Enjoyed the snowy photos , what fantastic weather you had . Thought the shot
    of Ingleborough was superb .

    Regards

    Graham .

    news:[email protected]