track bike question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jon_H, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Jon_H

    Jon_H Guest

    Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his email
    address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk mailserver. I have
    truncated the Ebay URL as it is massive.

    I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx 5.6' to
    6.0' this is a fairly large range, and would it be possible to change the
    front forks to fit a 700c wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry
    for the track

    cheers
    Jon_H

    http://tinyurl.com/44f5d

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22679&item=71257392
    16&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    "Jon_H" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his
    > email address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk
    > mailserver.

    That's not a good sign.

    > I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx
    > 5.6' to 6.0' this is a fairly large range,

    This can be done with many bikes, with enough seat post and stem.
    It's not very satisfactory, though.

    > and would it be possible to change the front forks to fit a 700c
    > wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry for the track

    No.

  3. Jon_H

    Jon_H Guest

    "Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Jon_H" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his
    > > email address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk
    > > mailserver.

    > That's not a good sign.
    >
    > > I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx
    > > 5.6' to 6.0' this is a fairly large range,

    > This can be done with many bikes, with enough seat post and stem.
    > It's not very satisfactory, though.
    >
    > > and would it be possible to change the front forks to fit a 700c
    > > wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry for the track

    > No.

    Thanks Tim I don't think i will be bidding on that then.

    cheers
    Jon_H