track bike question

Jon_H

Guest
Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his email
address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk mailserver. I have
truncated the Ebay URL as it is massive.

I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx 5.6' to
6.0' this is a fairly large range, and would it be possible to change the
front forks to fit a 700c wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry
for the track

cheers
Jon_H

http://tinyurl.com/44f5d

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22679&item=71257392
16&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

"Jon_H" <[email protected]> writes:

> Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his
> email address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk
> mailserver.

That's not a good sign.

> I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx
> 5.6' to 6.0' this is a fairly large range,

This can be done with many bikes, with enough seat post and stem.
It's not very satisfactory, though.

> and would it be possible to change the front forks to fit a 700c
> wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry for the track

No.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Jon_H" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > Firstly does anyone know the seller of this bike in Edinburgh as his
> > email address is being rejected by the sportscotland.org.uk
> > mailserver.

> That's not a good sign.
>
> > I was wondering as the owner said it should fit someone of approx
> > 5.6' to 6.0' this is a fairly large range,

> This can be done with many bikes, with enough seat post and stem.
> It's not very satisfactory, though.
>
> > and would it be possible to change the front forks to fit a 700c
> > wheel and still maintain a respectable geometry for the track

> No.

Thanks Tim I don't think i will be bidding on that then.

cheers
Jon_H