Track Chain Question?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Colin Campbell, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Can a BMX chain be used on a track bike? Are these chains similar?

    Thanx in Advance CC

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Colin Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can a BMX chain be used on a track bike? Are these chains similar?
    >
    > Thanx in Advance CC

    As long as the box says 1/8 x X links, yes.

    Mike

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Colin Campbell wrote:

    > Can a BMX chain be used on a track bike? Are these chains similar?

    There's no difference. Some newer MX chain (KMC Kool Chain)is pretty neat looking and tough.

  4. Dianne_1234

    Dianne_1234 Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:44:39 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Colin Campbell wrote:
    >
    >> Can a BMX chain be used on a track bike? Are these chains similar?
    >
    >There's no difference. Some newer MX chain (KMC Kool Chain)is pretty neat looking and tough.

    Despite the extra time I needed to learn how to navigate, KMC's site is pretty fun:

    http://www.kmcchain.com/