Track Conversion on a PT SL ??

Pureshot78 said:
http://www.wheelbuilder.com/closeup.asp?cid=135&pid=198&offset=0

This item is listed as working with the PT Pro.
Would it work with a PT SL ?

One concern is if the CPU can ignore negative torque, correct?
Am I correct that an SL hub would work with a Pro CPU?
Does the SL CPU have the ability to ignore negative torque?
Fixed gear conversions are only possible with the PT Pro (or standard) hubs. The conversion is not available for the SL or SL 2.4.

The CPU is the same as that used for the SL (but the 2.4 CPU is different).

I have a Pro hub on fixed gear wheel and 2 SLs on road bikes. You can use the same CPU (although for convenience and backup I have one for each).

You use the option in the CPU set up menu 3 to turn OFF the auto zero torque function when using the hub in a fixed wheel. That way negative torque will (should) register as zero and not change the torque zero point. But it also means you need to check the zero before you start riding as you can't coast on a fixie like you can on a freewheel. You should check the zero before every start.

Alex Simmons said:
Fixed gear conversions are only possible with the PT Pro (or standard) hubs. The conversion is not available for the SL or SL 2.4.
Alex thanks for the response. I was hoping you would chime in since i knew you used a PT Pro on your track bike.
What about the PT Pro is different that doesn't allow the conversion item to work?

I know i'm looking for the sheldon brown version of the story ;) but enquiring minds want to know.

Pureshot78 said:
Alex thanks for the response. I was hoping you would chime in since i knew you used a PT Pro on your track bike.
What about the PT Pro is different that doesn't allow the conversion item to work?

I know i'm looking for the sheldon brown version of the story ;) but enquiring minds want to know.
I'm no mechanic but the PT & SL hubs are different designs. Neither is a great design (from just a hub mechanical POV I mean). Either the fixer conversion can't be made for the SL or no one has bothered since it isn't really that big a deal (no hills on a track).