Track Crank Length

VeloFlash said:
As there are no studies at maximal or supra maximal efforts there are no references to support a contrary view that there exists a greater metabolic demand at maximal plus efforts by using longer cranks. If there is no differentiation in demand at sub maximal efforts why cannot it be extrapolated to higher efforts?

No studies? Maybe you don't ask the right people or know how to conduct your own objective "studies". Out of the saddle needs vs. seated? Sudden changes in speed and/or cadences? Means to reach maximal efforts vs. sub-maximal? Don't learn for yourself-trust only Pubmed for all your training.
:)

taras0000 said:
I have experienced the same thing, even in larger gears. like a mentioned earlier, probably due to the fact that your hip is in a better position to transmit power.

Please elaborate on this. I'm 6'2" with a 36" cycling inseam and I have an old Bianch steel with 175mm cranks and my modern Scott Cr1 Pro "climbing bike" has 177.5mm.

I seem to be a little "snappier" with my 175mm . Can you explain this hip angle theory further? :eek: