track cranks

karlwithak

Guest
Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

karlwithak

karlwithak wrote:

> Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

Yes.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

karlwithak wrote:
> Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

Any one what?

karlwithak wrote:
> Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

Any one what?

you people are so funny i cant take it

thanks for the help

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> karlwithak wrote:
>
> > Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

> Yes.
>

> thanks,
>

> K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
"karlwithak" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??

Well, the Shimano Dura Ace track stuff is *not* outboard bearing, so that's
not an option.

--
tanx,
Howard

The sheriff is near...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, the Shimano Dura Ace track stuff is *not* outboard bearing, so

that's
> not an option.

Well, the folks that make CODA components for Cannondale own the patent for
the outboard bearing stuff, so maybe figure out whether they make a track
crank.

cosmo_the_third wrote:
> karlwithak Wrote:
>
>>Does any one make an out board bearing Track crank??
>>

>>karlwithak

> It won't kill you to use a road crank. Go on, try it. I won't tell
> anyone.

I second that. Get a set of BMX chainring bolts and you're
set. A side benefit is that road chainrings are much cheaper.

Bob Schwartz

No self-respecting track rider would do this.

-RJ

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> > [road cranks]

> No self-respecting track rider would do this.

This is one of those logically true but practically meaningless
statements. It probably belongs in the thread where Heather is
discusing philosophy of mathematics. A false premise implies
any conclusion; so given that there are no self-respecting trackies,
certainly none of these hypothetical self-respecting trackies
would use a road crank. Much less with (gasp) BMX chainring bolts.
You have to use Campy track chainring bolts that are 0.01mm
longer and cost 10x as much, naturally.

What I want to know is if any self-respecting trackie would use
a crank with outboard bearings. And why.

Point taken.

No self-respecting track rider would ask r.b.r. what crank he should
use.

-RJ

I don't know, I got the idea to do it after noticing that on both the
bikes he brought to Masters' Natz a few years back, K Bostick had road
cranks on 'em.

I suppose we could debate whether he's a self-respecting track rider
(or self-respecting whatever...), but I think that's probably been
hashed out and decided in most folks' minds long ago.

Kent Bostick rode on the track, but was not a track rider.

If that doesn't make sense to you, don't bother formulating a reply.

Thanks,

-RJ

I know where you're going with that, but I don't necessarily agree with
you (not in total, at least).

Are you saying that to be a 'track rider', you have to be first a
trackie, and then maybe a roadie? Or, is a track rider ONLY a track
rider?

Scott wrote:
> Are you saying that to be a 'track rider', you have to be first a
> trackie, and then maybe a roadie? Or, is a track rider ONLY a track
> rider?

He's just being a crank.

Bob Schwartz