track cranks

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> No self-respecting track rider would ask r.b.r. what crank he should
> use.

Yeah, but being a cheap ******* is a long standing rbr
tradition and road chainrings are cheaper.

Bob Schwartz

Scott wrote:
> I don't know, I got the idea to do it after noticing that on both the
> bikes he brought to Masters' Natz a few years back, K Bostick had road
> cranks on 'em.
>
> I suppose we could debate whether he's a self-respecting track rider
> (or self-respecting whatever...), but I think that's probably been
> hashed out and decided in most folks' minds long ago.

It's always a good day on rbr when "Masters Nats" and
"self-respecting" turn up in the same post.

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Yeah, but being a cheap ******* is a long standing rbr
> tradition and road chainrings are cheaper.

I'm sure you meant cheap fat bastards.

Austin Powers

With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy...

You might be a track rider if you have spent more than $40 on a pair of
toe straps and are OK with that.

You might be a track rider if you have a racing bike with parts that
are over 20 years old but still think of it as cutting edge.

You might be a track rider if, when out for a road ride, you turn
around when you get to a hill because it might hurt your 'snap.'

You might be a track rider if you think of a 1.5 hour ride as serious
endurance training.

You might be a track rider if you have more pair of cycling gloves than
cycling socks.

You might be a track rider if you know what a 'jamming tool' is, where
it goes, and how to use it.

You might be a track rider if you think of 200 gram tubulars as being
'kind of heavy.'

You might be a track rider if you know where the nearest NAPA is, not
because you work on your own car, but because you need to know where
you can find FasTack.

You might be a track rider if the phrase 'peanut butter wrench' makes
perfect sense to you.

I could go on...

-RJ

Gee, I'm almost a track rider.

Of course, the guys down at the 7-11 Velodrome will take issue with
that. They'll think I'm giving myself too much credit.

In article <[email protected]>,
Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
>Gee, I'm almost a track rider.
>
>Of course, the guys down at the 7-11 Velodrome will take issue with
>that. They'll think I'm giving myself too much credit.

I am glad you said this... saved me some typing! ;-)

-jsp
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO