Track/dirt track/weird bike racing in Oxford?

Me

Guest
OK, I saw a thing on local news (central) a couple months ago that
showed some gys who get together and ride these singlespeed mountainbike
thingys around a very small flat dirt track. It was in oxford and I
should have made a note where it was. I only live a few miles away and I
would like to go check it out.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

cheers

On 14/11/04 5:13 pm, in article [email protected], "Me"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> OK, I saw a thing on local news (central) a couple months ago that
> showed some gys who get together and ride these singlespeed mountainbike
> thingys around a very small flat dirt track. It was in oxford and I
> should have made a note where it was. I only live a few miles away and I
> would like to go check it out.
>
> Anyone know what I'm talking about?

BMX?
...d

"Me" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OK, I saw a thing on local news (central) a couple months
> ago that showed some gys who get together and ride these
> singlespeed mountainbike thingys around a very small flat
> dirt track. It was in oxford and I should have made a note
> where it was. I only live a few miles away and I would like
> to go check it out.
>
> Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sounds like cycle speedway.

http://www.britishcyclespeedway.fsnet.co.uk/tracks.html

James Thomson

Spot on James!

It is Cycle Speedway. The pics show it off well!
http://www.britishcyclespeedway.fsnet.co.uk/

Interestingly, no track is listed around oxford. Does anyone know of its
name or any details? I'd love a go!

-cheers