Track DVD's?

sutong

Dec 11, 2006
Hey all-
I was just on youtube watching some match sprints that one of my buddies sent me and I was curious if anyone new where I could get some Track racing on DVD such as some of the six-Day events or the worlds? Even olympic track? If you have any ideas or know of anywhere if you would let me know that would be awesome. Watching those guys while training would provide good motivation as well as allow me to learn some of their moves and to test them out.
Thanks,
Todd

Track DVDs are very hard to find. I have two, both british documentaries, one on Chris Boardmans final hour record, and the other about British sprinter from the 40s and 50s Reg Harris. The Boardman one is mildly interesting, the Harris one is quite good. Otherwise there isn't much around.

I satisfy my need for track footage by taping the World cups and World Championship highlights when they come on TV here in Australia on SBS.

sutong said:
Hey all-
I was just on youtube watching some match sprints that one of my buddies sent me and I was curious if anyone new where I could get some Track racing on DVD such as some of the six-Day events or the worlds? Even olympic track? If you have any ideas or know of anywhere if you would let me know that would be awesome. Watching those guys while training would provide good motivation as well as allow me to learn some of their moves and to test them out.
Thanks,
Todd
on cycling.tv(the UCI channel) there is coverage of 2006 world track champs. you can also find VHS' of previous versions of the worlds. if you look hard you'll be able to find some footage of the ghent six. apparently the rotterdam six does live streaming footage on the internet. i can't find the link at the moment but if you go to fixedgearfever.com you'll be able to find more info