track nuts for a coaster brake axle?

Yonatan Mazuz

Guest
Do these exist? I'm gonna be building up a coaster-brakin' road bike,
and while I know the track nuts wouldn't be absolutely necessary, it
seems like they'd be, well, nicer.

From what I could gather about threads, it looks like coaster brake
axles typically have a diameter and pitch different from any of the
more high end hubs that would typically use track nuts.

Anyway, the hub in question is a Shimano 333. If anyone knows the
threading on it and/or where I could get track nuts, holla at me.

Yoni.
(You don't reallly think my e-mail address has **** in it, right?)

[email protected] wrote:

> You will find track nuts and helpfull advice here.
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html

Thanks for the plug, but coaster brakes generally use 24 tpi threading,
and I have no source for track nuts in that pitch.

The next best thing is to use plain nuts with separate serrated washers.

Sheldon "No Got" Brown
| Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills. |
| --Robert A. Heinlein |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

>> You will find track nuts and helpfull advice here.
>> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html
>>

> Thanks for the plug, but coaster brakes generally use 24 tpi threading,
> and I have no source for track nuts in that pitch.
>
> The next best thing is to use plain nuts with separate serrated washers.

'swhat I thunk. dang. thanks.

y.