Trade or Sell A Perfect Trek Y-5 Highly Polished Aluminum MTB

DonCordier

Nov 28, 2011
I own a highly polished and PERFECT 1998 Trek Y-5 Fully Suspended MTB. It is a "Medium" frame and I really need (and want) a Large or Extra large frame as this one is somewhat small for my comfort.

I would like to trade my Trek Y-5 bike for the same or similar bike BUT in a Large Frame Size and NOT a Medium Frame Size. I will ALSO TRADE for a Triathlon Bike (MY PREFERRED BIKE) or a Road Bike but either must be a Frame Size of 54 cm (or Slightly Larger) for the Top Tube (Center-to-Center of the Head Tube to the Theoretical Center of the Seat Tube). Alternatively, I will consider trading it for a select model of an Indoor Rowing Machine too - and I am also open to other suggestions for a trade.

I am asking for a TRADE - OR - $800 (obo) for an outright purchase.
If you are interested or would like additional details, PLEASE
CALL Don at 818-400-2848

SOME DETAILS of the BIKE
The rear triangle (aluminum) and the front shock assembly (aluminum and magnesium) are painted black, the saddle is gray, the seat post is new and anodized black and the rest of the bike is highly polished. The Original Head Badge is perfect as is the ENTIRE bike.

I set it up for my preference of "full suspension" road riding. I have ridden on a local Simi Valley, California dirt trail only once with this bike. I really prefer the same bike (I love it!!!) but will consider other bikes, ESPECIALLY A TRIATHLON BIKE or even a Road Bike for a possible trade.

Tires are new GEAX "Street Runner" 26x1.60 (front and rear) and are a nice and "sticky" rubber compound with a perfect pattern for road cycling. The Tubes are new too. All cables and housings are new and the bike shifts perfectly with the "Rapid Fire" shift mechanism. The brake pads are new too.

The Rear Shock is a new, adjustable Fox Float RPL installed in December of 2011. Currently, the original front suspension is just like new! I also have a spare Marzocchi "Bomber" front suspension that I purchased from a local dealer to use as a direct replacement for the original front suspension if-and-when it needs to be replaced. If interested, I will include this spare unit in a trade or sale.

The Trek Manufacturer's Serial Number (stamped in the bottom of the Bottom Bracket Shell) is "VTU 1916070 M" and the sub-number (below the frame Serial Number) is T81 1191.

The bike has been serviced by All Pro Cycling Shop, the Trek Dealer in Simi Valley as-well-as Simi Cycling Center.

If you are interested, I have many images available with good detail - PLEASE CALL and Ask.