TRADE: Vision R-40 SWB OSS For LWB USS

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tony, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Hi Gang,

    I have a clean 1998 Vision R-40 available to swap. I'm looking for a long wheelbase recumbent with
    underseat steering.

    The R-40 is equipped with the stock Vision R-40 above-seat steering setup, Rapidfire shifters,
    Dia-Compe rear cantilever brake and Odyssey A-brake in the front, and new front and rear Primo Comet
    tires. The crank is a Shimano RSX triple, 52/42/30.

    The bike is equipped with a 16" fork and wheel at present, and I also have a Vision 20" fork
    and wheel which I will include in a swap. The original Dia-Compe front cantilever brake is
    also included.

    This is a quick, comfortable recumbent, perfect for taking on the road (it fits in just about any
    vehicle). It is in great shape mechanically, and looks very nice, too.

    I'm looking for a clean, mechanically sound USS LWB, like a Ryan Vanguard, Longbikes, Radius Peer
    Gynt, DeFelice, Infinity, or Vision. I'll add some cash if your bike is worth more than the R-40,
    and will help with shipping expenses.

    Let me know what you have available. Thanks!

    Tony

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Hi Gang,
    >
    > I have a clean 1998 Vision R-40 available to swap. I'm looking for a long wheelbase recumbent with
    > underseat steering.
    >
    > The R-40 is equipped with the stock Vision R-40 above-seat steering setup, Rapidfire shifters,
    > Dia-Compe rear cantilever brake and Odyssey A-brake in the front, and new front and rear Primo
    > Comet tires. The crank is a Shimano RSX triple, 52/42/30.
    >
    > The bike is equipped with a 16" fork and wheel at present, and I also have a Vision 20" fork and
    > wheel which I will include in a swap. The original Dia-Compe front cantilever brake is also
    > included.
    >
    > This is a quick, comfortable recumbent, perfect for taking on the road (it fits in just about any
    > vehicle). It is in great shape mechanically, and looks very nice, too.
    >
    > I'm looking for a clean, mechanically sound USS LWB, like a Ryan Vanguard, Longbikes, Radius Peer
    > Gynt, DeFelice, Infinity, or Vision. I'll add some cash if your bike is worth more than the R-40,
    > and will help with shipping expenses.
    >
    > Let me know what you have available. Thanks!

    Tony,

    Have you considered converting the R-40 to LWB? (Does ATP Vision still make the conversion kit?)

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:50:57 -0500, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Tony,
    >
    >Have you considered converting the R-40 to LWB? (Does ATP Vision still make the conversion kit?)

    Hi Tom,

    Thanks for the note. I had considered converting the R-40, but I haven't found a (used) kit as yet.
    I had planned on calling ATP this week to see if one is still available for an older bike.

    Have you been giving the Earthcycle(s) a workout? It has been wonderful riding weather here, about
    70 degrees, sunny, and no humidity.

    We get exactly six days a year like this in NW Ohio. :)

    Regards,

    Tony

  4. M..Leuck

    M..Leuck Guest

    According the the Vision web page they still offer the kit. Just curious but why do you want a LWB?

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:50:57 -0500, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Tony,
    > >
    > >Have you considered converting the R-40 to LWB? (Does ATP Vision still make the conversion kit?)
    >

    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > Thanks for the note. I had considered converting the R-40, but I haven't found a (used) kit as
    > yet. I had planned on calling ATP this week to see if one is still available for an older bike.
    >
    > Have you been giving the Earthcycle(s) a workout? It has been wonderful riding weather here, about
    > 70 degrees, sunny, and no humidity.
    >
    > We get exactly six days a year like this in NW Ohio. :)
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > Tony

  5. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > ... Have you been giving the Earthcycle(s) a workout? It has been wonderful riding weather here,
    > about 70 degrees, sunny, and no humidity....

    Tony,

    I have not had nearly as much time to ride as I would like. I did an invitational ride in Havana [1]
    today where I let Mike Stern test ride "the world's most user friendly lowracer".

    [1] Illinois, not Cuba. [2]
    [2] I did go through Cuba [3] to get to the ride, however.
    [3] Cuba Illinois that is, not the island nation in the Caribbean Ocean.