TRADE: Vision R-40 SWB OSS For LWB USS

Tony

Guest
Hi Gang,

I have a clean 1998 Vision R-40 available to swap. I'm looking for a long wheelbase recumbent with
underseat steering.

The R-40 is equipped with the stock Vision R-40 above-seat steering setup, Rapidfire shifters,
Dia-Compe rear cantilever brake and Odyssey A-brake in the front, and new front and rear Primo Comet
tires. The crank is a Shimano RSX triple, 52/42/30.

The bike is equipped with a 16" fork and wheel at present, and I also have a Vision 20" fork
and wheel which I will include in a swap. The original Dia-Compe front cantilever brake is
also included.

This is a quick, comfortable recumbent, perfect for taking on the road (it fits in just about any
vehicle). It is in great shape mechanically, and looks very nice, too.

I'm looking for a clean, mechanically sound USS LWB, like a Ryan Vanguard, Longbikes, Radius Peer
Gynt, DeFelice, Infinity, or Vision. I'll add some cash if your bike is worth more than the R-40,
and will help with shipping expenses.

Let me know what you have available. Thanks!

Tony

Tony wrote:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I have a clean 1998 Vision R-40 available to swap. I'm looking for a long wheelbase recumbent with
> underseat steering.
>
> The R-40 is equipped with the stock Vision R-40 above-seat steering setup, Rapidfire shifters,
> Dia-Compe rear cantilever brake and Odyssey A-brake in the front, and new front and rear Primo
> Comet tires. The crank is a Shimano RSX triple, 52/42/30.
>
> The bike is equipped with a 16" fork and wheel at present, and I also have a Vision 20" fork and
> wheel which I will include in a swap. The original Dia-Compe front cantilever brake is also
> included.
>
> This is a quick, comfortable recumbent, perfect for taking on the road (it fits in just about any
> vehicle). It is in great shape mechanically, and looks very nice, too.
>
> I'm looking for a clean, mechanically sound USS LWB, like a Ryan Vanguard, Longbikes, Radius Peer
> Gynt, DeFelice, Infinity, or Vision. I'll add some cash if your bike is worth more than the R-40,
> and will help with shipping expenses.
>
> Let me know what you have available. Thanks!

Tony,

Have you considered converting the R-40 to LWB? (Does ATP Vision still make the conversion kit?)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:50:57 -0500, Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

>Tony,
>
>Have you considered converting the R-40 to LWB? (Does ATP Vision still make the conversion kit?)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the note. I had considered converting the R-40, but I haven't found a (used) kit as yet.
I had planned on calling ATP this week to see if one is still available for an older bike.

Have you been giving the Earthcycle(s) a workout? It has been wonderful riding weather here, about
70 degrees, sunny, and no humidity.

We get exactly six days a year like this in NW Ohio. :)

Regards,

Tony

According the the Vision web page they still offer the kit. Just curious but why do you want a LWB?

Tony wrote:
> ... Have you been giving the Earthcycle(s) a workout? It has been wonderful riding weather here,
> about 70 degrees, sunny, and no humidity....

Tony,

I have not had nearly as much time to ride as I would like. I did an invitational ride in Havana [1]
today where I let Mike Stern test ride "the world's most user friendly lowracer".

[1] Illinois, not Cuba. [2]
[2] I did go through Cuba [3] to get to the ride, however.
[3] Cuba Illinois that is, not the island nation in the Caribbean Ocean.