Trader joe

I got one of those and one of the butternut squash. All manner of eggplant
things, several kinds of salsa combinations of frozen vegetables not
available here, muffin tops, smallish bagels, pieta bread, a couple of
different kinds of curried dishes that are shelf stable and lower points.
Some lower fat chunk cheese, a salad dressing, sesame oil I think, ended up
spending over $200.00 and had a blast. Got some of the sausages from
chicken. some deli beef that was 2 oz for a point, three or four kinds of
ravioli sp and some replacement for peanut butter that was half the points,
that one, the lobster ravioli, bagels are all keepers, as is the beef, I
actually took walking, leisure activity points, we were in there for over
four hours total, it was extremely refreshing to have such informed
assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't
remember it all... also dried apples and dried peaches
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
thought of
> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in boxes
... the
> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
make the
> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up on?
>
> Joyce
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Good deal part of the reason I asked what you guys would buy is I assumed
it
> >would be one of those huge places. Since you say it is smaller I can
handle
> >a bit of shopping, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:eek:[email protected]...
> >> If you have the time to spare, just slowly wander around the store. It
> >isn't a
> >> large place, my local store only has 5 or 6 aisles, not including the
> >liquor
> >> section. But it really is loaded with a lot of things I have never
seen
> >> elsewhere. Have fun, and I hope you like it as much as I do!
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:17:02 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>

> >eat
> >much I
> >reading
> >you

> >whole

> >at
> >they

> >garden
> >pointwise)

> >packages
> >as
> >haven't

> >and
> >grocery

> >(instead

> >cream
> >of

> >use
> >links,
> >that
> >so
> >very,

> >apple

> >and
> >it

I'll

The one I went to is in orland park sp, there was a sign up that they were
going to enlarge the store, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'd been watching that one going up for quite some time. I pass by it
whenever I
> go out to my brothers house (he is in Elburn). You do a lot of traveling,
don't
> you? <G> Thanks for passing on the tip though, I'll take a run out there
one day
> (when the weather gets nicer). I really do love that place!
>
> Joyce
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:10 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Joyce,
> >
> >They just built a new one in Batavia/Geneva (it's at the corner of
Fabiyan
> >Pkwy and Randal Rd, Joyce) and for a Trader Joe's it's roomier. They
have
> >things that I haven't seen at my usual store (Arlington Heights), so you might want to check it
> >out if you have a chance.

> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >berlin.de...
> >> Good deal part of the reason I asked what you guys would buy is I
assumed
> >it
> >> would be one of those huge places. Since you say it is smaller I can
> >handle
> >> a bit of shopping, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:eek:[email protected]...
It
> >> isn't a
> >> liquor

> >> <[email protected]>

> >vegetable
> >> eat
> >> much I
> >> reading
> >> you
> >my

> >> whole

> >good
> >> at
> >> they
store
> >in

> >> garden
> >as
> >> pointwise)

> >> packages
> >halibut,
> >equally
> >> as
> >> haven't

> >> and
> >> grocery

> >> (instead

> >> cream
> >> of

> >of
> >italian
> >> use
> >> links,
> >> that
They
> >al
> >> so
> >> very,

> >as
> >> apple

> >> and
> >says
> >> it

I'll

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Another convert. I hope you find that you like most of those items, if not
all of them.

Have fun.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:47:21 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>news:[email protected]...
>> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
>thought of
>> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in boxes
>... the
>> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
>make the
>> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up on?
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Good deal part of the reason I asked what you guys would buy is I assumed
>it
>> >would be one of those huge places. Since you say it is smaller I can
>handle
>> >a bit of shopping, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

so far the bagels,pitas, beef, ravioli, and date nut rolls are great.
Everything I have tried has been excellent. Have you tried the date nut
rolls? they have coconut and a bit of nuts, 40 gm is 1.6 points and very
good for sweet tooth/dried fruit/snack. I also loved the dried apples,
Lee,who is beginning to feel like a cult member
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Another convert. I hope you find that you like most of those items, if not all
> of them.
>
> Have fun.
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:47:21 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I got one of those and one of the butternut squash. All manner of
eggplant
> >things, several kinds of salsa combinations of frozen vegetables not available here, muffin tops,
> >smallish bagels, pieta bread, a couple of different kinds of curried dishes that are shelf stable
> >and lower points. Some lower fat chunk cheese, a salad dressing, sesame oil I think, ended
up
> >spending over $200.00 and had a blast. Got some of the sausages from chicken. some deli beef that
> >was 2 oz for a point, three or four kinds
of
> >ravioli sp and some replacement for peanut butter that was half the
points,
> >that one, the lobster ravioli, bagels are all keepers, as is the beef, I actually took walking,
> >leisure activity points, we were in there for over four hours total, it was extremely refreshing
> >to have such informed assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
> >excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't remember it all... also
> >dried apples and dried peaches Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
> >thought of
> >> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in
boxes
> >... the
> >> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
> >make the
> >> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up
on?

> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>

> >it
> >handle
It
> >seen

> >vegetable
> >is
> >my

> >good
store
> >in

> >as

> >halibut,
> >equally

> >raspberries

> >section),
> >smidge

> >of
> >italian
They
> >al

> >as

> >says

> >I'll

dh calls me a ranger because I always like to know where everything is. Chicagoland is humungous. I
figure I'll have this place figured out in the next 5 years. At least it'll be something to do.

I used to live in St. Charles so I was watching it go up for a while, then I moved to NJ and then
back here. We did some xmas shopping in Geneva because I couldn't face the lot at Woodfield so we
stopped in just to check it out. Have you had their coconut sorbet? I think it's only 110 calories a
shell. It's to die for.

Julie

> [...]
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:10 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Joyce,
> >
> >They just built a new one in Batavia/Geneva (it's at the corner of
Fabiyan
> >Pkwy and Randal Rd, Joyce) and for a Trader Joe's it's roomier. They
have
> >things that I haven't seen at my usual store (Arlington Heights), so you might want to check it
> >out if you have a chance.

> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >berlin.de...
> >> Good deal part of the reason I asked what you guys would buy is I
assumed
> >it
> >> would be one of those huge places. Since you say it is smaller I can
> >handle
> >> a bit of shopping, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

We tried the salmon stuffed with shrimp, cucumber and dill from the freezer section...don't bother
unless you add garlic and don't mind white sauces. I think it was 5 or 6 points too.

> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Another convert. I hope you find that you like most of those items, if not all
> of them.
>
> Have fun.
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:47:21 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I got one of those and one of the butternut squash. All manner of
eggplant
> >things, several kinds of salsa combinations of frozen vegetables not available here, muffin tops,
> >smallish bagels, pieta bread, a couple of different kinds of curried dishes that are shelf stable
> >and lower points. Some lower fat chunk cheese, a salad dressing, sesame oil I think, ended
up
> >spending over $200.00 and had a blast. Got some of the sausages from chicken. some deli beef that
> >was 2 oz for a point, three or four kinds
of
> >ravioli sp and some replacement for peanut butter that was half the
points,
> >that one, the lobster ravioli, bagels are all keepers, as is the beef, I actually took walking,
> >leisure activity points, we were in there for over four hours total, it was extremely refreshing
> >to have such informed assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
> >excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't remember it all... also
> >dried apples and dried peaches Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
> >thought of
> >> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in
boxes
> >... the
> >> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
> >make the
> >> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up
on?

> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>

> >it
> >handle
It
> >seen

> >vegetable
> >is
> >my

> >good
store
> >in

> >as

> >halibut,
> >equally

> >raspberries

> >section),
> >smidge

> >of
> >italian
They
> >al

> >as

> >says

> >I'll

Ooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Welcome to the cult, I mean club.

I will say that since WW I don't go delving as much as I did in the past when at Trader Joes. I
don't need too many more attractive nuisances in the way of food. I have not seen the date nut
stuff - YET!

Again, enjoy but don't go overboard.

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:21:03 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >think, ended
>up
>> >spending over $200.00 and had a blast. Got some of the sausages from chicken. some deli beef
>> >that was 2 oz for a point, three or four kinds
>of
>> >ravioli sp and some replacement for peanut butter that was half the
>points,
>> >that one, the lobster ravioli, bagels are all keepers, as is the beef, I actually took walking,
>> >leisure activity points, we were in there for over four hours total, it was extremely refreshing
>> >to have such informed assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
>> >excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't remember it all...
>> >also dried apples and dried peaches Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

I hear and purchase...

it was in a cooler section in one of those plastic tubs. I got 40 gm for
1.5 is really 1.6 for me it is so sweet that I have no ability to overdo, my teeth wouldn't tolerate
it. I did leave behind the meringue cookies that were sugar free and fat free... Lee Fred
> Ooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Welcome to the cult, I mean club.
>
> I will say that since WW I don't go delving as much as I did in the past when at Trader Joes. I
> don't need too many more attractive nuisances in the way of food. I have not seen the date nut
> stuff - YET!
>
> Again, enjoy but don't go overboard.
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:21:03 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >so far the bagels,pitas, beef, ravioli, and date nut rolls are great. Everything I have tried has
> >been excellent. Have you tried the date nut rolls? they have coconut and a bit of nuts, 40 gm is
> >1.6 points and very good for sweet tooth/dried fruit/snack. I also loved the dried apples,
> >Lee,who is beginning to feel like a cult member Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Another convert. I hope you find that you like most of those items, if not all
> >> of them.
> >>
> >> Have fun.

> >eggplant
points.
> >up
kinds
> >of
> >points,
very
> >boxes
> >on?

> >assumed
> >It
> >the

> >eat
> >love
> >too
Moore
and
> >what
> >you

> >find

> >and
> >store

> >instant

> >enchiladas,
> >values

> >really

> >breakfast

> >as

> >is

> >varieties
> >good.
> >link, I
> >or
> >They

> >well
> >dried

> >time
> >what

Hate to say it, but the squash soup was fed to my sink. It has been about the only thing I didn't
care for - just too sweet for my tastes. Somehow, sweet and soup just don't compute for me. <G> I
haven't seen the date nut bread, sounds good though - will take a peek for it the next trip through
the store. You must have been in a larger store, I can't imagine spending 4 hours there. Does sound
like you had a marvelous time though, and returned home well stocked. Yes, their sales staff is by
far superb to any store I've been in. Not one person has ever seemed put out when I've asked for
assistance. I also returned a package of the blueberry mini muffins, the first time they went moldy
on me. My error, didn't read the *no preservatives* on the package - I was miffed that in 2 days
they had gone moldy. Took them back, no problem, no fuss ... just grab another package. They
definitely do value their customers.

Joyce

> [...]

>news:[email protected]...
>> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
>thought of
>> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in boxes
>... the
>> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
>make the
>> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up on?
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Good deal part of the reason I asked what you guys would buy is I assumed
>it
>> >would be one of those huge places. Since you say it is smaller I can
>handle
>> >a bit of shopping, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

Geeeeeesh! And you spent 4 hours in the *small* store. <G> I wish my local store would enlarge, but
it will never happen. They have no room to go bigger, unless the adjoining store goes out of
business (is a Blimpies, and I wouldn't miss it if it disappeared).

Joyce

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:49:22 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The one I went to is in orland park sp, there was a sign up that they were going to enlarge the
>store, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I'd been watching that one going up for quite some time. I pass by it
>whenever I
>> go out to my brothers house (he is in Elburn). You do a lot of traveling,
>don't
>> you? <G> Thanks for passing on the tip though, I'll take a run out there
>one day
>> (when the weather gets nicer). I really do love that place!
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:10 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Joyce,
>> >
>> >They just built a new one in Batavia/Geneva (it's at the corner of
>Fabiyan
>> >Pkwy and Randal Rd, Joyce) and for a Trader Joe's it's roomier. They
>have
>> >things that I haven't seen at my usual store (Arlington Heights), so you might want to check it
>> >out if you have a chance.

>> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >berlin.de...
>assumed
>> >it
>> >handle
>It
>seen

>> >vegetable
>is
>too
>what
>you
>> >my

>find

>> >good
>and
>store
>> >in

>instant

>values
>> >as

>> >halibut,
>> >equally

>raspberries
>breakfast

>as

>section),
>smidge

>varieties
>> >of
>> >italian
>good.
>or
>They
>> >al

>well
>> >as
>dried

>> >says

>I'll

>time
>what

I'm pretty good with the surrounding suburbs, put me anywhere in the city itself and forget it. I
am not a big city person, don't like the crowds and hassles. I've lived in this area for almost 47
years now, could probably count how many times I've been in the city on one hand (and my older sis
used to live there). As my dad used to say, "I didn't lose anything there, so why should I
return". <G>

St. Charles is a wonderful town, my sil has her office there (state farm insurance) ... and Geneva
... well, haven't been there for a few years, but used to love going shopping there. Tons of quaint
little specialty shops. I guess I don't venture too far from where I live as being surrounded by
Naperville, Wheaton and Oakbrook - well, have access to everything imaginable right within a few
miles. I am not a traveler. LOL!

I have had trader Joe's coconut sorbet, and yes, it is fantastic! The orange is very good too. I
love how they serve it in the little shells, rinds, etc. I also tried the lemon, was just too ****
for my tastes though. I have some in the freezer still, forgot all about it. Guess I'll have to eat
some of those this week. <G>

Joyce

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:05:59 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> go out to my brothers house (he is in Elburn). You do a lot of traveling,
>don't
>> you? <G> Thanks for passing on the tip though, I'll take a run out there
>one day
>> (when the weather gets nicer). I really do love that place!
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:48:10 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Joyce,
>> >
>> >They just built a new one in Batavia/Geneva (it's at the corner of
>Fabiyan
>> >Pkwy and Randal Rd, Joyce) and for a Trader Joe's it's roomier. They
>have
>> >things that I haven't seen at my usual store (Arlington Heights), so you might want to check it
>> >out if you have a chance.

>> >"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

the squash soup did remind me of pumpkin cappachino. It is date nut rolls,
basically stuffed dates, but a bargain at the points. Remember DH reads me
all of those labels. He was wore out at the end. We actually had a blast
as we didn't check voice mail or anything but shop. He is a power shopper
and I hate it but there were so many new things to decide about the time
flew. Not sure how the size of this one compares to yours but there were a
huge amount of people. I am not a crowd person and even that only bothered
me a little, Lee
> [...]
> >to have such informed assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
> >excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't remember it all... also
> >dried apples and dried peaches Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> ARGH!!! And of course, AFTER you had already left for the week-end I
> >thought of
> >> something else. They have some prepared soups that are packaged in
boxes
> >... the
> >> Roasted Pepper Tomato soup is to die for. Oh well, maybe next time you
> >make the
> >> trip? So how did you like Trader Joes and what all did you stock up
on?

> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:50:37 -0600, "Miss Violette"

whatever was next door did go away, blimpy would not be missed by me either,
Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Geeeeeesh! And you spent 4 hours in the *small* store. <G> I wish my
local
> store would enlarge, but it will never happen. They have no room to go
bigger,
> unless the adjoining store goes out of business (is a Blimpies, and I
wouldn't
> miss it if it disappeared).
>
> Joyce
>
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:49:22 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >The one I went to is in orland park sp, there was a sign up that they
were
> >going to enlarge the store, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> I'd been watching that one going up for quite some time. I pass by it
> >whenever I
> >> go out to my brothers house (he is in Elburn). You do a lot of
traveling,
> >don't
> >> you? <G> Thanks for passing on the tip though, I'll take a run out
there
> >one day
> >> (when the weather gets nicer). I really do love that place!
> >>
> >> Joyce

> >Fabiyan
> >have

> >assumed
> >It
> >seen

> >is
> >too
Moore
> >what
> >you

> >find

> >and
> >store

> >instant

> >values

> >raspberries
> >breakfast

> >as

> >section),
> >smidge

> >varieties
> >good.
> >or
> >They

> >well
> >dried

> >I'll

> >time
> >what

dh and I prefer the coconut with the lemon in second because the lemon kills off any more desire for
sweet things afterwards-and they are pretty point friendly if I remember right. I think the orange
wasn't selling to well at our store, it seemed like it melted and refroze at some point. What's the
point count on them?

I love the Whole Foods at Butterfield and...oh whatever that road is (Naperville?) and the
bookstore, and the shops.

> [...]
because
> >I couldn't face the lot at Woodfield so we stopped in just to check it
out.
> >Have you had their coconut sorbet? I think it's only 110 calories a
shell.
> >It's to die for.
> >
> >Julie
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I'd been watching that one going up for quite some time. I pass by it
> >whenever I
> >> go out to my brothers house (he is in Elburn). You do a lot of
traveling,
> >don't
> >> you? <G> Thanks for passing on the tip though, I'll take a run out
there
> >one day
> >> (when the weather gets nicer). I really do love that place!

I haven't noticed any freezing/refreezing issues with the orange sorbet, but also have it stored in
a freezer that doesn't auto defrost. I have noticed the skinny cows, if kept in my upstairs self-
defrosting freezer, do seem to alter somewhat after a few of these refreezes. <G> I have no idea if
they sell well at our store or not, all varieties have been readily available when I make the trip.
Ok, ya had to make me trek down to the basement, didn't ya? <G> Here's your point counts: Coconut =
3.70 points; Lemon 1.60 points; Orange 1.78 points. None are really bad compared to other options, I
tend to lean more towards the lower point options though.

You got it right, the intersection is Naperville Road ... or for us old timers, Naperville-Wheaton
Road (dating myself agin). That corner is technically Wheaton, a few blocks south and you are in
Naperville ... a few blocks east and you are in Glen Ellyn. It is a nasty, nasty intersection - very
dangerous, lots of accidents and extremely high traffic. THAT is what I deal with on a daily basis.
You are now in MY neck of the woods - maybe a mile or so from my house. My daughters high school is
the next major intersection to the east (Butterfield and Park). Borders is one of the kids favorite
places to *hang out*, as well as the Whole Foods - they love to go sampling. <G> The theater closed
recently, not too happy about that since it really was the only one that was reasonably nearby. Now
the kids have to do much more traveling, through much heavier traffic (and spend much more money on
those ultra-fancy new theaters). Oh well, progress I guess. That's what we get for living in the
land of those that would like you to believe they are rich. <G>

Joyce

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:39:26 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> freezer still, forgot all about it. Guess I'll have to eat some of those
>this
>> week. <G>
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:05:59 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >dh calls me a ranger because I always like to know where everything is. Chicagoland is
>> >humungous. I figure I'll have this place figured out in
>the
>> >next 5 years. At least it'll be something to do.
>> >
>> >I used to live in St. Charles so I was watching it go up for a while,
>then I
>> >moved to NJ and then back here. We did some xmas shopping in Geneva
>because
>> >I couldn't face the lot at Woodfield so we stopped in just to check it
>out.
>> >Have you had their coconut sorbet? I think it's only 110 calories a

Ahhhhhh, thanks for the clarification ... actual dates, not bread! I was wondering how that bread
could be so point friendly. <G> I'm not a date fan, so probably won't give those a try, am thrilled
that you are enjoying them though. I totally avoid Trader Joe's on the week-ends, is horribly
crowded. Moving through the aisles is difficult, if not impossible - and getting to the shelves or
freezers ... well, I usually just end up going home and making a return trip during the week when
it's less hectic. You were having fun though, and it was a new experience. Crowds aren't much of an
issue then. <g>

Joyce

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:51:49 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>> >think, ended
>up
>> >spending over $200.00 and had a blast. Got some of the sausages from chicken. some deli beef
>> >that was 2 oz for a point, three or four kinds
>of
>> >ravioli sp and some replacement for peanut butter that was half the
>points,
>> >that one, the lobster ravioli, bagels are all keepers, as is the beef, I actually took walking,
>> >leisure activity points, we were in there for over four hours total, it was extremely refreshing
>> >to have such informed assistance, we also bought a spinach pie and a spinach quiche. I am very
>> >excited to try all of these new things, Lee, who bought so much she can't remember it all...
>> >also dried apples and dried peaches Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

it is a bit close in there. I am not usually a straight date fan either but
I have difficulty passing up coconut anything. I only passed on those cute
little icecreams because of the travel time. We did have fun and variety is
a big part of staying OP and losing for me. It is very easy for me to get
in a rut and even though I stay OP I quit losing when this happens. Lee
> [...]
> >> like you had a marvelous time though, and returned home well stocked.
> >Yes, their
> >> sales staff is by far superb to any store I've been in. Not one person
> >has ever
> >> seemed put out when I've asked for assistance. I also returned a
package
> >of the
> >> blueberry mini muffins, the first time they went moldy on me. My
error,
> >didn't
> >> read the *no preservatives* on the package - I was miffed that in 2
days
> >they had
> >> gone moldy. Took them back, no problem, no fuss ... just grab another
> >package.
> >> They definitely do value their customers.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 05:47:21 -0600, "Miss Violette"

Sooooooooo, do I see the possibility of you making the journey to our neck of the woods a bit more
often now? <grin> Trader Joe's is definitely worth the trip. I also doubt the coconut icecream would
travel very well. Maybe if it was during the subzero winter temps .. but probably not now.

Joyce

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 01:37:16 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 06:51:49 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >the squash soup did remind me of pumpkin cappachino. It is date nut
>rolls,
>> >basically stuffed dates, but a bargain at the points. Remember DH reads
>me
>> >all of those labels. He was wore out at the end. We actually had a
>blast
>> >as we didn't check voice mail or anything but shop. He is a power
>shopper
>> >and I hate it but there were so many new things to decide about the time flew. Not sure how the
>> >size of this one compares to yours but there were
>> >huge amount of people. I am not a crowd person and even that only
>bothered
>> >me a little, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message

I love this part:

"That's what we get for living in the land of those that would like you to believe they are rich. "

It seems like every burb around here is like that and it's a factor of the over-inflated housing
market. Atlanta is another area where everyone would want you to believe they are well off. I
remember going to a friend's place that was brand new and looked great. Of course, a few months
later it looked like a tornado hit it-yes she and her roomie were messy, but it was cheaply
constructed.

I didn't think that intersection was *that* bad, but then again there are a lot of people who are
impatient and don't know how to wait for a light. I'm sorry to hear about the movie theater-I am not
a big movie goer, so I really can't add anything useful other than the AMC on Barrington makes it
not worth going to see a movie. Then again, I think the cost of the ticket has a lot to do with it.
Barely under $10 for a movie is absurd to me. I can wait till it comes out on DVD and pay the same
amount as I would to see it in the theater-yet then I can watch it whenever I want to again.

Thank you for going to the basement for me :) I'm happy to know that my favorite (Lemon) is one
of the "cheap" treats. Then again, I've been known to eat 2 at a time, but it's still less than
a coconut.

> [...]
> >> to love going shopping there. Tons of quaint little specialty shops.
> >guess I
> >> don't venture too far from where I live as being surrounded by
Naperville,
> >Wheaton
> >> and Oakbrook - well, have access to everything imaginable right within
> >few
> >> miles. I am not a traveler. LOL!
> >>
> >> I have had trader Joe's coconut sorbet, and yes, it is fantastic! The
> >orange is
> >> very good too. I love how they serve it in the little shells, rinds,
etc.
> >I also
> >> tried the lemon, was just too **** for my tastes though. I have some
in
> >the
> >> freezer still, forgot all about it. Guess I'll have to eat some of

I don't know how far you have to travel Lee, but you could bring a cooler and then get a lot of
frozen stuff too...