traffic infringement

reich17

New Member
Aug 4, 2004
Here in Ohio I've read that in that situation it is legal to treat the light as a stop sign. Anyone disagree?

Evan said:
To commemorate my first ever traffic infringement I have composed a
song. I thought I'd share. As a recap for those who didn't follow the
last thread I hijacked: Sitting at a red light; 7 am; no traffic; wasn't
being picked up by the sensors; perfectly safe; pedalled across;
recieved ticket.

With apologies to The Clash and others ...

Pedalling hard in the morning sun
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won
Up to the lights it was a clear run
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

I waited but the light stayed red
Left and right cars numbered none
So cycled across I did instead
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

Suddenly there was a man with a gun
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won
Then there were two not just one
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

I lost 6 points and some cash I had
Next few rides were going to be no fun
Spent the rest of the day pretty mad
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

Perhaps I should have up and run
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won
Instead I behaved like a Nun
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

But I'm still out there on my bike
Dodging the copper with his loaded gun
Get caught again going to have to hike
I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the law won

"Evan" <evan@thegroup> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> To commemorate my first ever traffic infringement I have composed a song.
> I thought I'd share. As a recap for those who didn't follow the last
> thread I hijacked: Sitting at a red light; 7 am; no traffic; wasn't being
> picked up by the sensors; perfectly safe; pedalled across; recieved
> ticket.

snip

Moral of the story. Walk across. Do not fight the law on this class of
issue. It is not worth the effort.

John Dwyer.

John Dwyer said:
"Evan" <evan@thegroup> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> To commemorate my first ever traffic infringement I have composed a song.
> I thought I'd share. As a recap for those who didn't follow the last
> thread I hijacked: Sitting at a red light; 7 am; no traffic; wasn't being
> picked up by the sensors; perfectly safe; pedalled across; recieved
> ticket.

snip

Moral of the story. Walk across. Do not fight the law on this class of
issue. It is not worth the effort.

John Dwyer.
Alternative moral to the story:

If you are going to do something as HOMICIDALLY DANGEROUS, MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE and GENOCIDAL as running a red light in a virtual ghost-town, have a good look around to see if there's any skulking varmint officers of the law laying in wait to ambush ya.

I've NEVER done ANYTHING remotely resembling this, nor will ever contemplate such a thing, not ever, never, but if I did, hypothetically, and I was going to, I would head-check 360 degrees, twice. And press the button on the pedestrian crossing. And lay my bike almost flat on the road over the detector loop. Stand on the wire channel with my metal cleats. That sort of thing, before I thought about BREAKING the LAW! What will your next escapade be? Killing puppy dogs? Insulting John Howard? Miscreant! ( ;) )

M "step out of the vehicle, son" H