Traffic Zoology

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sam, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  2. Ian Smith

    Ian Smith Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > http://bikereader.com/BikeReader/contributors/hemming/zoology.html
    >
    > That is absolutely perfect! They have analysed and documented the "cage train" effect!

    On the topic of crossing traffic with science, I saw something once comparing traffic behaviour on
    motorways to that of compressible fluid dynamics. In particular, the existence of propogating and
    standing shock-waves and nozzles (ie, at supersonic speeds you decelerate a flow with what you'd
    think was a nozzle, just like motorways - put in a constriction and the speed drops).

    Has anyone else ever come across this?

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig