Traffic Zoology

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > http://bikereader.com/BikeReader/contributors/hemming/zoology.html
>
> That is absolutely perfect! They have analysed and documented the "cage train" effect!

On the topic of crossing traffic with science, I saw something once comparing traffic behaviour on
motorways to that of compressible fluid dynamics. In particular, the existence of propogating and
standing shock-waves and nozzles (ie, at supersonic speeds you decelerate a flow with what you'd
think was a nozzle, just like motorways - put in a constriction and the speed drops).

Has anyone else ever come across this?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig