I've just set up a site for GPS Users to share their best routes with
others. It's at http://www.trailexchange.co.uk and the idea is that
runners/walkers with GPS units can search for new routes to download,
either in their own area or when visiting another location. Users can
also upload their own favourite routes for others to share.
Any GPS user who can export their route in GPX format can use the site,
so if you've got any of the recent Garmin ForeRunners (201 & 301) or
other brands of hand held GPS units, you'll be able to export to GPX
format using the supplied software or using something like
SportsTracks.
I'm keen to get a few "early adopters" on board to try things out and
more
importantly give me feedback. The site is UK focussed at the moment but
this could change if there was the interest. It's using a live
googlemaps
interface, so that as well as a standard file browse hierarchy, users
will be able to easily see all of the routes in real time via the map
interface.
I'm keen to get good quality routes that show your area off to it's
best advantage - somewhere you'd be proud to take a visitor yourself.
I'm NOT wanting uploads of your
Track Session or your run home along the dual-carriageway (highway)!!
Comments & suggestions welcomed!
Simon Finch
http://www.trailexchange.co.uk