Trail

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Tim, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Trial

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Tim wrote:

    > Trial

    .... and Error.

    --
    Tom Sherman – Curmudgeon and Pedant

  3. meb

    meb New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2003
    Messages:
    1,219
    ..... will help you determine the proper trail for your bike. :D

  4. Actually, a map might be the best way to find which trail to use. :)

    Lewis.

    ************************

    meb <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tom Sherman Wrote:
    > > Tim wrote:
    > >
    > > > Trial

    > > .... and Error.
    > >

    > .... will help you determine the proper trail for your bike. :D

  5. Hey Lewis, where's Clark?
    "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Actually, a map might be the best way to find which trail to use. :)
    >
    > Lewis.
    >
    > ************************
    >
    > meb <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tom Sherman Wrote:

    > > > .... and Error.
    > > >

    > > .... will help you determine the proper trail for your bike. :D

  6. Mark Leuck

    Mark Leuck Guest

    I've found most trail maps either in hard copy or via the web to be
    extremely poor

    "Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Actually, a map might be the best way to find which trail to use. :)
    >
    > Lewis.
    >
    > ************************
    >
    > meb <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tom Sherman Wrote:

    > > > .... and Error.
    > > >

    > > .... will help you determine the proper trail for your bike. :D

  7. I look up trails using the national Rails-to-Trails Conservancy at
    http://www.traillink.com/ and then find them in my DeLorme Michigan
    Atlas and then after marking the trail with highlighter I just use my
    scaner to make what ever map I need and the surrounding streets and
    roads. I also read the posted comments on the trail by recent users
    that is posted on each trail page by the Conservancy, which usually
    tell me what to expect and were the paved, improved, or unimproved
    sections are and even what to expect in each. Then we take our bents
    and go exploring. We have found great trails this way, the most recent
    was the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail northeast of Greenville, Michigan.

    Wheels on the path are always the best way to find new trails!

  8. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest