trail

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gerrit Van Wijk, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just curious. Would there be a difference in handling and feel between two bikes with the same trail
    but say; one bike with a steep 74 degrees steer angle and a moderate forkrake and another bike with
    a relaxed 69 degrees steer angle and a lot of forkrake?

Tags:

2. David Kunz

David Kunz Guest

KBH wrote:
    > I've wondered the same thing myself. I suppose there would be a difference in weight distribution
    > at least, which could affect handling to some degree.
    >
    >
    > "gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Just curious. Would there be a difference in handling and feel between two bikes with the same
    >>trail but say; one bike with a steep 74 degrees steer angle and a moderate forkrake and another
    >>bike with a relaxed 69 degrees steer angle
    >
    > and
    >
    >>a lot of forkrake?

Most definately. The closer to vertical, the more sensitive it is to "input" and also the easier it
    is to go over it. I like a steep rake for trails -- I just learned to keep my weight back when
    necessary :).

David

3. Kbh

Kbh Guest

I've wondered the same thing myself. I suppose there would be a difference in weight distribution at
    least, which could affect handling to some degree.

"gerrit van wijk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just curious. Would there be a difference in handling and feel between two bikes with the same
    > trail but say; one bike with a steep 74 degrees steer angle and a moderate forkrake and another
    > bike with a relaxed 69 degrees steer angle
    and
    > a lot of forkrake?
    >
    >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.