trailer / add a bike sort of thing ...advice

Davo

Guest
Im lookin at buyin one of them add a bike things to my bike to get my 5 yr old out a little away
from the car... I have seen a single speed £90 one and a 6 speed £130.........now its not the price
.. I just prefer to buy the right thing...

Im not new to cyclin... Im a 54 minute man and HAVE to go slow when he's on the rear.... and I wont
be takin him out more that 6 mile at a time

All I can think myself is the gears would be interestin for him to use..BUT while he playin with the
gears he wont be payin attention to the road etc etc

Advice from ppl who HAVE used either please..

or does anyone have one for sale...Notts Area ??

D@vo....

the bigger the ring the more it hurts !!!!!

On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:05:23 +0100, "Davo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Im lookin at buyin one of them add a bike things to my bike to get my 5 yr old out a little away
>from the car... I have seen a single speed £90 one and a 6 speed £130.

I can recommend the Adams Trail-A-Bike, they fold more compact than the ones where the pole folds.
We have the Shifter (5-speed) and Peter started to be able to change gear at about age 5; you can
leave it in 3 until tiny is used to it anyway. Age 6 Pete is a bit big and strong for the
Trail-A-Bike with Mum on the host bike so we now have a triplet and big brother can join the fun,
but last year I took Michael (then a big 8) out on the Trail-A-Bike for a treasure hunt and as long
as he didn't pedal too hard things were fine.

The best trailer bikes are the ones which have rack atachments, like the Burley Piccolo or Islabike
(second-hand only).

Some links which may help: <http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A700859>
<http://www.chapmancentral.com/Web/public.nsf/Documents/trail-a-bike>

Guy