Trailer/Cargo Bike ((WAS: Hauling with a Recumbent))

Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)

Guest
I use my BoB trailer on a regular basis. I don't own a car and use it
when I do my grocery shopping, garage sales (weather permitting), and
general trips to the store.

I just wasn't quite sure if I could haul another bike strapped across
the trailer all the way across town. Worked quite well actually!!!!

"Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I use my BoB trailer on a regular basis. I don't own a car and use it
> when I do my grocery shopping, garage sales (weather permitting), and
> general trips to the store.
>
> I just wasn't quite sure if I could haul another bike strapped across
> the trailer all the way across town. Worked quite well actually!!!!

Was it the size of the bike that made you unsure?

On Jan 1, 9:08 pm, "Harry (Lincoln, Nebraska)"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I use my BoB trailer on a regular basis. I don't own a car and use it
> when I do my grocery shopping, garage sales (weather permitting), and
> general trips to the store.
>
> I just wasn't quite sure if I could haul another bike strapped across
> the trailer all the way across town. Worked quite well actually!!!!

Harry, you wouldn't believe what can towed by bike trailer!

Here's what I've done in the past:

Hand drums: http://drumbent.com/photos/bikes/trailer/traileropen.jpg

A 3-speed bike: http://drumbent.com/photos/bikes/trailer/trailerstuffed2.jpg

Painting equipment: http://drumbent.com/photos/bikes/bigtrailer/113_1332.JPG

Small drum set: http://drumbent.com/photos/bikes/winterbike/114_1464.JPG

(And when a bigger load needs to be carried I use my cargo trike:
http://drumbent.com/trike.html )

Our local cycling gang (HPVOoO) has helped people move house by pedal
power:

http://tricolour.net/photos/2007/06/02/hpv.html

http://tricolour.net/photos/2003/03/28/med/19-42-54.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_IBVvGNHo

Just for fun we found out that my trike fits quite nicely in the 4x8
trailer: http://tricolour.net/photos/2007/07/02/med/14-28-23i1.jpg

We also towed a fully functional Hammond Organ during a parade:

http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html

It's all about the right trailer for the job! ;)

Mark