Trailer Hitch Bike Carrier

Pepaw of VA

Jul 10, 2005
Hello
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping I can get some advice to a good quality Trailer Hitch Bike Carrier. I hoping to find one that has just one post (We'll be taking our Grandson bike when we go riding and his is to small for a two post rack) I want one that will carry three bikes two mountain bikes and as I said our Grandsons It as 16" String Ray . and will hold a womans bike so it will be level. I need one that will fit an 1-1/4" hitch recevier. Do they make any that well come out easy or move out of the way with the bikes on them so as to get in the back of the car. This rack will be used on a Toyota Matrix XR. Also to thay make a rack that has something to stableize the bike so they dont move aound or maybe something thats an add on. I know very little about this type of carrier, but its the only kind that will fit my car other then a roof rack. That would not work. If my wife takes my Grandson out to ride she would not beable to put the bikes on or take them off. Any help you could give me would be wonderful. Thanks.

I have a Swagman 3-bike XP rack. There is a foldable model that is good for hatch-back cars. I payed around $169Canadian. The cradles that hold the bike can be angled so bikes with sloping top tubes are still level. I like it so far and have no complaints.

Pepaw of VA said:
Hello
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping I can get some advice to a good quality Trailer Hitch Bike Carrier. I hoping to find one that has just one post (We'll be taking our Grandson bike when we go riding and his is to small for a two post rack) I want one that will carry three bikes two mountain bikes and as I said our Grandsons It as 16" String Ray . and will hold a womans bike so it will be level. I need one that will fit an 1-1/4" hitch recevier. Do they make any that well come out easy or move out of the way with the bikes on them so as to get in the back of the car. This rack will be used on a Toyota Matrix XR. Also to thay make a rack that has something to stableize the bike so they dont move aound or maybe something thats an add on. I know very little about this type of carrier, but its the only kind that will fit my car other then a roof rack. That would not work. If my wife takes my Grandson out to ride she would not beable to put the bikes on or take them off. Any help you could give me would be wonderful. Thanks.