trailer park trash cooking

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Switch, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Switch

    Switch Guest

    take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it

    fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...

    make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    yellow spot in the middle.
    the rest of the toast should be brown and dry

    wash this tasty meal down with pabst blue ribbon

    braaaaaaaaap

    Tags:

  2. Switch

    Switch Guest

    Switch wrote:

    > braaaaaaaaap

    did i mention this is typical "white" trailer park trash

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Switch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    >
    > fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    > of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    >
    > make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    > yellow spot in the middle.
    > the rest of the toast should be brown and dry
    >
    > wash this tasty meal down with pabst blue ribbon
    >
    > braaaaaaaaap

    Fish eggs, aka "caviar" are not exactly trailer trash food...... ;-)

    Never served it with eggs. I generally do it with cream cheese but this
    year for new years, I mixed red caviar with sesame seeds and coated a
    cheese log with it. ;-) Sorry, no pic.

    The part goers appreciated it.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  4. ensenadajim

    ensenadajim Guest

    On 5 Feb 2006 17:16:30 -0800, "Switch" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Switch wrote:
    >
    >> braaaaaaaaap

    >did i mention this is typical "white" trailer park trash

    And you are the resident expert, right?

    jim

  5. JohnHancock

    JohnHancock Guest

    Switch wrote:

    {snip}

    I guess if anyone would know about the subject it would be you!

  6. : take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it

    : fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    : of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...

    : make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    : yellow spot in the middle.

    Where does this "bright yellow spot" come from on the toast? Toast normally
    turns brown, not yellow.

    : the rest of the toast should be brown and dry

    : wash this tasty meal down with pabst blue ribbon

    : braaaaaaaaap

  7. Switch

    Switch Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > : take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    >
    > : fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    > : of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    >
    > : make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    > : yellow spot in the middle.
    >
    > Where does this "bright yellow spot" come from on the toast? Toast normally
    > turns brown, not yellow.

    its from the hard pat of unspreadable butter on raw toast
    it's real soggy in the middle; so I hear

  8. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    Switch wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >> : take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    >>
    >> : fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    >> : of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    >>
    >> : make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    >> : yellow spot in the middle.
    >>
    >> Where does this "bright yellow spot" come from on the toast? Toast normally
    >> turns brown, not yellow.

    > its from the hard pat of unspreadable butter on raw toast
    > it's real soggy in the middle; so I hear

    Butter?! Trailer Trash don't need no steenkeen' BUTTER! It's PARKAY!

    <squeezable, preferably>

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    Pennyaline <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Switch wrote:
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    > >> : take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    > >>
    > >> : fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    > >> : of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    > >>
    > >> : make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    > >> : yellow spot in the middle.
    > >>
    > >> Where does this "bright yellow spot" come from on the toast? Toast
    > >> normally
    > >> turns brown, not yellow.

    > > its from the hard pat of unspreadable butter on raw toast
    > > it's real soggy in the middle; so I hear
    > >

    > Butter?! Trailer Trash don't need no steenkeen' BUTTER! It's PARKAY!
    >
    > <squeezable, preferably>

    Ew! ;-)
    --
    Peace, Om.

  10. Switch wrote:
    > take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    >
    > fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    > of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    >
    > make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    > yellow spot in the middle.
    > the rest of the toast should be brown and dry
    >
    > wash this tasty meal down with pabst blue ribbon
    >
    > braaaaaaaaap

    Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off
    first?

    There used to be a joke where I use to live about some folks cooking
    their chickens in motor oil, but I'm not so sure someone could survive
    animal meat deep fried in a petroleum product.

  11. uz051235198

    uz051235198 Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote

    > Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off first?

    Hey, that's catfish and that is good eating! They are scavengers but so are
    blue crabs, and they are good eating too. (Present conditions of the
    Chesapeake bay aside ...)

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups
    Unlimited download

  12. Switch

    Switch Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off
    > first?

    heeeel yeah, carps tend to have a tough hide!

    > There used to be a joke where I use to live about some folks cooking
    > their chickens in motor oil, but I'm not so sure someone could survive
    > animal meat deep fried in a petroleum product.

    that's pretty tough if they did live

    ever notice when there is a tornado it only hits trailers

  13. Switch wrote:
    > take a big cast iron skillet get it hot...put some lard in it
    >
    > fill the skillet up with fish eggs...brown them, then dump a huge bowl
    > of beaten chicken eggs over the browned fish eggs...
    >
    > make 8 pieces of toast in the broiler...make sure there is one bright
    > yellow spot in the middle.
    > the rest of the toast should be brown and dry
    >
    > wash this tasty meal down with pabst blue ribbon
    >
    > braaaaaaaaap

    And this is from the person who bitches about generic brands.

  14. Switch wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off
    > > first?

    > heeeel yeah, carps tend to have a tough hide!
    >
    > > There used to be a joke where I use to live about some folks cooking
    > > their chickens in motor oil, but I'm not so sure someone could survive
    > > animal meat deep fried in a petroleum product.

    > that's pretty tough if they did live
    >
    > ever notice when there is a tornado it only hits trailers

    I read or heard a while back that had something to do with heat,
    convection, and the trailer's construction. I have no idea the
    connection, but I bet motor oil cooking generates hi heat. Hmmmm......

  15. Roberta

    Roberta Guest

    uz051235198 wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote
    >

    >>Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off first?
    >>

    > Hey, that's catfish and that is good eating! They are scavengers but so are
    > blue crabs, and they are good eating too. (Present conditions of the
    > Chesapeake bay aside ...)

    I have to disagree about catfish :p The stuff my nephew catches in
    South Carolina tastes like mud *blech*. Part of it may be a mental thing
    - I grew up in Michigan, knew a lot of people that fished - I didn't
    know anyone that would eat catfish. It was a "trash" fish and got
    thrown back. I haven't had farm raised - that may be better. (apparently
    they are fed on the top of the water so that they don't eat the bottom
    "garbage") I do find that where fish lives does make a difference in
    taste. I haven't found any fresh water fish in the south that I like.
    I grew up eating fresh water fish in Michigan *shrug*. I love Walleye
    yummmmm - man I miss that stuff. Perch are good too.

    Roberta (in VA)

  16. Nancy1

    Nancy1 Guest

    Roberta wrote:

    > I have to disagree about catfish :p The stuff my nephew catches in
    > South Carolina tastes like mud *blech*. Part of it may be a mental thing
    > - I grew up in Michigan, knew a lot of people that fished - I didn't
    > know anyone that would eat catfish. It was a "trash" fish and got
    > thrown back. I haven't had farm raised - that may be better. (apparently

    Are you sure about that? I don't know anyone who considers a
    perfect-size catfish "trash." And farmed is worse because of the
    farming conditions. Fresh-water catfish from an unpolluted river
    shouldn't taste muddy or fishy at all - it's great.

    Walleye are good, too - I have some in the freezer from Canada. I
    never eat farm-raised fish if I can help it - I don't eat fish from the
    Great Lakes, either, if I know that's where it came from. I love
    Pacific salmon, but most of what we get here are Atlantic.

    If you never go to a southern fish fry, with fresh-caught catfish,
    you're missing a good feed. ;-)

    N.

  17. Larry LaMere

    Larry LaMere Guest

    On 7 Feb 2006 19:56:10 -0800, "Switch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Did you have to nail these fish to a tree and pull their skin off
    >> first?

    >heeeel yeah, carps tend to have a tough hide!
    >
    >> There used to be a joke where I use to live about some folks cooking
    >> their chickens in motor oil, but I'm not so sure someone could survive
    >> animal meat deep fried in a petroleum product.

    >that's pretty tough if they did live
    >
    >ever notice when there is a tornado it only hits trailers

    It's true, it's an observed fact that plastic pink flamingos attract tornados.

  18. Switch

    Switch Guest

    Roberta wrote:

    I do find that where fish lives does make a difference in
    > taste. I haven't found any fresh water fish in the south that I like.
    > I grew up eating fresh water fish in Michigan *shrug*. I love Walleye
    > yummmmm - man I miss that stuff. Perch are good too.
    >
    > Roberta (in VA)

    Hi Roberta in VA

    If you want some REALLY good catfish, check out City Point in Hopewell
    VA
    There's a park where Grant was HQ'd, and the water is at least 75-100'
    deep there...

    (it's right in the manors backdoor, you can't miss it)
    it's where the james and rappahannock meet at a point in the city
    city point.

    They almost taste sweet, the water is super cold that deep
    plus the cats are super healthy, they put up a really good fight.

    --

  19. Roberta

    Roberta Guest

    Nancy1 wrote:
    > Roberta wrote:
    >

    >>I have to disagree about catfish :p The stuff my nephew catches in
    >>South Carolina tastes like mud *blech*. Part of it may be a mental thing
    >>- I grew up in Michigan, knew a lot of people that fished - I didn't
    >>know anyone that would eat catfish. It was a "trash" fish and got
    >>thrown back. I haven't had farm raised - that may be better. (apparently

    > Are you sure about that? I don't know anyone who considers a
    > perfect-size catfish "trash." And farmed is worse because of the
    > farming conditions. Fresh-water catfish from an unpolluted river
    > shouldn't taste muddy or fishy at all - it's great.

    I am - I searched the internet and couldn't find anything that says it's
    common practice but really, I didn't know ANYONE that at Catfish until I
    married my husband and moved to the south...

    I did find an interesting article about certain fish in the great lakes
    that are considered too dangerous to eat do to the high PCB
    levels...Catfish is one of them. Maybe that is why noone I knew eats it lol

    http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/press97/fish97.htm

    (the article is from IL - but involves Great Lake fish)

    I have had Southern Catfish (from Georgia and South Carolina) I really
    don't like it :p To be fair - I am not a HUGE fan of fish in general.

    Roberta (in VA)

  20. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2006-02-08, Nancy1 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > never eat farm-raised fish if I can help it......
    > I love
    > Pacific salmon, but most of what we get here are Atlantic.

    Almost all salmon other than wild Alaskan salmon is farm raised.

    nb