Trailer to Bike Connection

Great Eastern

Guest
Hello,

Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?

Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
want to have a look at parts!

Many thanks

Great Eastern <[email protected]> wrote in news:459bfab5$0$8719$ed2619ec@ptn-
nntp-reader02.plus.net:

> Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
> connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?
>
> Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
> want to have a look at parts!

Some for starters:

http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
http://www.weber-products.de/
http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-trailers/doggyride.html

The latter offers Montare's LockIt-Go hitch as a spare for £27. Carry
Freedom's hitch seems good value at £15 for three bike plates and one
trailer assembly, while Burley and Weber hitches can probably be got from
retailers of their trailers.

If you search Google for "bicycle trailer hitch", you'll get some more -
including some dubious-looking, home-made devices.

HTH

Great Eastern wrote:
> Will Cove wrote:
> > Some for starters:
> >
> > http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
> > http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
> > http://www.weber-products.de/
> > http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-trailers/doggyride.html

> Ah thanks, they look good, I made the mistake by not searching with the
> term hitch!
>
> If possible I want to modify that rather stupid grip on a Raliegh Mule.

I got the weber hitch by emailing Weber who sold it to me via Edinburgh
Bicycle. Very good service.

...d

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Will Cove wrote:
> > Some for starters:
> >
> > http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html
> > http://www.burleygear.com/category_s/25.htm
> > http://www.weber-products.de/
> > http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/dog-trailers/doggyride.html

> Ah thanks, they look good, I made the mistake by not searching with the
> term hitch!
>
> If possible I want to modify that rather stupid grip on a Raliegh Mule.

Just make up a bracket that clamps to the seat stay and chain stay, and
has a bit of tubing to take the round springy bit of the hitch. Secure
by clamping or with a pin through the middle.

in message <[email protected]>, Great
Eastern ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone point me to an online retailer which stocks the devices which
> connect a trailer to the rear axle of a bike?
>
> Tried searching Google, and many seem to sell trailers, but I'd just
> want to have a look at parts!

Carry Freedom sell their hitch as a separate part, if needed:
http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html

The Conservative Party is now dead. The corpse may still be
twitching, but resurrection is not an option - unless Satan
chucks them out of Hell as too objectionable even for him.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Carry Freedom sell their hitch as a separate part, if needed:
> http://www.carryfreedom.com/hitch.html

Looking at the photos, that one appears to be the best fit, to allow me
a simple change over of the daft grip with that